Silicone-free serum (or similar) for curly hair

(6 Posts)
BornToFolk Wed 27-Jan-16 14:01:44

I'm looking for a replacement for my beloved Naked Divine Curls serum which has been discontinued...sad

But it's really hard finding a serum with no silicone. I avoid serum as I do a Curly Girl type thing of co-washing with conditioner etc. I liked the Divine Curls for smoothing through dry hair to get rid of frizz and add a bit of shine. I usually wash my hair in the morning but if I am going out in the evening, it usually needs a bit of a refresh and Divine Curls was perfect for this.

Any suggestions?

MamaLazarou Wed 27-Jan-16 14:20:14

I love R&B from Lush. I use a wee dab mixed with Boots curl cream on wet hair, then another tiny bit on the ends if they get dry. I also mix it up with a few drops of Argan oil for a pre-wash treatment. It smells very strongly, though (like many Lush products) but I really like it.

Another great product is Davines OI all-in-one hair milk spray. It's expensive but worth it. It refreshes second-day curls and adds moisture without weighing it down - ideal for fine, curly hair.

ItsAllGoodMan Wed 27-Jan-16 14:43:19

I use this. Gives nice shine and smells lovely!
shop.britishcurlies.co.uk/tahitian-noni-monoi-smooth-repair-high-shine-glosser-4oz/

MaryMarigold Wed 27-Jan-16 19:37:17

I'm using Lee Stafford Coco Loco coconut balm on my hair (straight-ish but still do cg products) and my DD's hair (madly curly).

Seems pretty good. Separates curls, tames frizz, adds a bit of shine, etc.

BornToFolk Wed 27-Jan-16 20:31:48

Thanks for the suggestions! Looks like lots to try out.

IamTheWhoreofBabylon Wed 27-Jan-16 20:34:35

I now use organics colour systems glaze
Wonderful stuff. You have to search online for stockists
I get it from my hairdresser

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now