What should I be wearing?

(4 Posts)
Rinceoir Wed 27-Jan-16 13:18:01

I've lost 1stone in the last 2 months, 2-3 to go depending how it goes! My bigger clothes are loose on top, my smaller clothes still way too small. I'm 5'4, somewhere between a pear and an hourglass (waist 10inches smaller than bust, 14inches smaller than hips). Everything I read suggests draped tops and leggings while losing weight but that look is terrible on me even when slim due to my shape. I work in frontline so need to look professional- at the moment I am wearing the same 3 wrap around dresses and fairly bored!

ooosaidooo Wed 27-Jan-16 21:23:24

Well done on your weight loss!

I lost just over 3 stone last year, just supposed to be getting rid of the last few pounds now. I found that I lost weight easier when I was in clothes that made me feel good, so I was constantly moving the clothes that were too big off to the charity shop/ebay.

While I was losing the weight I always just had a few clothes (that fitted) and rotated them into different outfits. I always had a pair of jeans that I would buy as tight as I could get away with and just wore them with long tops until they looked better. Jackets were bought tight and worn undone (then eventually binned because they become to big).

I manged buying at TKMaxx, primark, ebay and charity shops. January is a great time for charity shop picking as everyone has been clearing out their cupboards, i also used to buy things from the charity shop to slim into if it was a really good bargain.

LadyPriggsbottom Wed 27-Jan-16 21:28:07

Very well done OP!

If you are hourglass / pear shape could you tuck looser tops into some high-waisted, wide-leg trousers or a pencil skirt? The extra material wouldn't be so noticeable that way maybe.

Rinceoir Wed 27-Jan-16 21:38:02

Thanks, I've still got a long way to go, but having some nice clothes would motivate me. Long tops just cling to my bum/thighs and hide my only good feature (waist!). Hadn't thought of charity shops, I'll have a rummage this weekend. Don't think I have the shape for pencil skirts just yet, but high waisted trousers are a great idea thanks. It will be a while before I lose much from my bottom half I think. I've lost 2 inches from bust, 4 from waist and only half an inch from hips sadly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now