Help my nails be nice please.

(8 Posts)
annielostit Tue 26-Jan-16 18:43:42

Despite regular file / polish/ manicures, as soon as the polish comes off they flake and split.even shellac & gel comes off in a weeksad.
I've tried rimmel repair, sally what's her face strengthner.
What can I do to help this?
Thanks ladies (& gents).xx

breezeharbour Tue 26-Jan-16 18:46:53

Have you tried proper gel nails done at a salon?

My nails split and go all bendy, it's horrible. Having regular gel nails has helped so much, they grow really nicely now.

HermioneWeasley Tue 26-Jan-16 18:59:01

I have very flaky nails. Solar oil helped but I have been using creative rescue rx for about a month and they've definitely improved

annielostit Tue 26-Jan-16 19:24:04

Thanks both,
I've not had full gel polish, but used it as a base. Do they remove the gel or just fill in the polish every few weeks??
I have a look for creative rescue RX & try some.

Shop Tue 26-Jan-16 19:28:22

Nail oil a few times a day, massaged in and nailtiques formula 2.
I used nail envy for years which made them strong but the only thing that stopped the flakes & peeling was nailtiques formula 2.
Once the flaking was sorted any polish lasts well on my nails now

breezeharbour Tue 26-Jan-16 19:37:09

You can either have it removed and a new colour applied or they can refill the bits where your nail has grown out.
Depends if you have time to do any treatments yourself, I don't (and partly I'm just super lazy) so it's perfect for me smile

cressetmama Tue 26-Jan-16 19:54:00

Eat jelly! The squares of jelly concentrate, two or three a day, whichever flavour you prefer... and all the other suggestions will help too, but the gelatin in jelly is really good for strong nails. Give it six weeks!

cressetmama Tue 26-Jan-16 19:54:07

Eat jelly! The squares of jelly concentrate, two or three a day, whichever flavour you prefer... and all the other suggestions will help too, but the gelatin in jelly is really good for strong nails. Give it six weeks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now