Got an appointment with a John Lewis personal shopper.

(6 Posts)
snowypenguin Tue 26-Jan-16 17:27:36

I want a capsule wardrobe. Stuff that will last as I am sick of stuff looking like a rag after a few washes. Got a budget of about £700 but only for the right stuff.

I don't need jeans or shoes or bags. What should I consider. Looking for a smart casual wardrobe.

Teladi Tue 26-Jan-16 17:32:35

Oh, following this thread as I am also wanting to make an appointment in my local branch. I don't have the same budget as you though so just being nosey and want to find out how you get on.

FauxFox Tue 26-Jan-16 17:39:51

Write a list of the possible scenarios/activities you want to have appropriate clothes for and start from there.

I would want to cover:

Posh dinner out
Drinks/dinner party with friends
A smart outfit for meetings/work/interviews
Day to day clothes for general SAHM/shopping etc
Clothes for outdoorsy weekend walks/park etc

...and so on. You might also want to save some money back for a 'refresh' when the weather gets warmer.

There will be overlap of course (the point of a capsule wardrobe) but if you have all eventualities listed it gives you a chance to think of the clothes you are being offered/trying on in the context of your actual lifestyle rather than just whether you like them.

Buttercup443 Tue 26-Jan-16 19:06:01

Following with interest. Have made appointment with a personal shopper, too but it's 10 days away and abroad.

mirpuppet Tue 26-Jan-16 21:10:29

Definitely no need to spend all the money at once.

I have spent too much on summer clothes in the past and regretted it.

snowypenguin Tue 26-Jan-16 22:29:46

Oh yeah I don't want lots of summer stuff. More spring and Autumn bits. Stuff I can layer easily. I live in Scotland. It's very rarely warm here! No need for white linen trousers!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now