Styling long hair

(3 Posts)
sksk Mon 25-Jan-16 21:10:33

Has anyone tried the battery operated ionic brushes and are they any good? I recently bought a hot air styler but might return it as I can see myself using it twice and then not bothering. I wonder if it is better for me to just get a decent barrel brush (like the Goody ones they sell in Boots) and maybe the ionic battery operated brush for brushing on the days I don't blow dry my hair?

I have long hair- waist length, all the same length. I'm also not very good with styling as I get bored and tired halfway through!

Many thanks.

sksk Tue 26-Jan-16 19:13:33

Any ideas?

DianaT1969 Tue 26-Jan-16 19:29:00

I haven't tried an ionic brush - never heard of them to be honest. But if you're looking for curl, rather than smoothing, I got the Babylis Curl Secret for Christmas. It's the one on TV which sucks in the hair and produces a corkscrew curl in about 5 seconds. It does exactly what it shows on TV and is really effective at creating a head of curls in about 10 minutes. However, I struggle to divide the hair and keep it away from the machine, even with clips. So it definitely takes effort to get a uniform result. It's about £100 but that's 4 blow drys at my local salon, so I think it could be worth it. I've already been to events where I did my hair myself and saved on the blowdry cost and time in the salon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now