Moisturize & apply foundation, what's better

(6 Posts)
ifonly4 Mon 25-Jan-16 10:39:20

I wash my face, moisturize and then apply foundation about 30 mins later. There are so many products, primers, bb creams but haven't got a clue really. Is there anything that would be to keep my skin moisturized and even toned?

Nabootique Mon 25-Jan-16 10:58:35

Are you having a particular problem, like your foundation going patchy throughout the day? What is your skin type?

ifonly4 Mon 25-Jan-16 11:03:35

No, I'm not having a problem - just wondered if there was another option as have never used primers, bb creams or anything else other than foundation. Have a few blackheads on my chin and nose, I'd say skin is normal but feels tight sometimes. I'm in my 40's though so it's got a bit of an uneven tone, a bit more read on nose, chin, cheek bones, dark areas under eyes - sounds like I'm beyond hope!

NNalreadyinuse Mon 25-Jan-16 11:06:42

I have startes using a primer under foundation, in the hope of getting it to look smooth and last all day.

Nabootique Mon 25-Jan-16 12:01:43

A BB cream would usually be used instead of a foundation when you don't need much coverage. They're basically glorified tinted moisturisers.

Primers can address specific wants or needs. At the moment, I use a very slightly pearly one to give some glow, but I also have ones that minimize the appearance of pores or absorb oil. Plenty of people skip primer though, and have good results.

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 25-Jan-16 12:04:19

I combine the two and use tinted moisturiser.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now