Shoes for midi shirts and dresses that aren't high heels?

(10 Posts)
teawamutu Sun 24-Jan-16 08:59:28

I have quite a few fifties shape skirts and dresses - small waist and fuller midi skirt works on my shape (think preppy rather than full on Peggy Sue florals though). In summer, no bother because I can wear sandals, but I've never really found a winter shoe solution.

Broke my toe a few years ago and it hasn't healed right, so heels above about 2ins are out.

Any ideas for me?

teawamutu Sun 24-Jan-16 09:00:20

And obv that's skirts in the title, not dresses. Doh.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 24-Jan-16 09:05:04

Ballet pumps or brogues?

I'm more dms and high tops myself

Backingvocals Sun 24-Jan-16 09:19:50

This is honestly my biggest fashion problem. Actually shoes with skirts generally. I like a bit of structure to a shoe so hate ballet pumps. Also too flat and make me walk like a duck. Brogues would make me look like Miss Marple.

teawamutu Sun 24-Jan-16 09:29:48

I have dms and high tops toosmile

And I share Backing's qualms on ballet pumps. Ideally I'd find some sort of broguey shoe but not too heavy and with a small heel that isn't frumpy (I am not demanding).

Bogburglar99 Sun 24-Jan-16 09:38:54

Interested too. I have lots of nice autumn/ winter work skirts. Deep winter is OK as have long boots yes am aware this is now crime against fashion but less sure about Autumn/Spring weather.

MiddleClassProblem Sun 24-Jan-16 09:51:46

Don't worry I hate ballet pumps too. I think they abuse toes.

Are we looking for something smarter than the high tops and Dms? Something for going out in?

MiddleClassProblem Sun 24-Jan-16 09:54:44

Irregular choice has some out there brogues. Not sure if that's your cuppa. I prefer their heels but then I'm also not a brogue fan lol.

WicksEnd Sun 24-Jan-16 09:55:07

What about pointed kitten heels? That could work, bit of height without being uncomfortable.

margaritasbythesea Sun 24-Jan-16 10:03:14

I prefer pointed flats to ballet pumps like these. I am having trouble finding them at the moment though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now