inside the house bras for big boobs

(21 Posts)
N0tfinished Sat 23-Jan-16 09:40:53

Hi

What I'm looking for is a bra you could wear knocking round the house or even sleeping in. Problem is that I have big boobs - 34gg

I have well fitting bras but after a whole day they hurt. It's also uncomfortable for me to go braless for long.

Is there a good non-wired bra that you could wear around the house that would be comfy & supportive? The sports bras do nothing for me- I get mono-boob, they look dreadful

Thanks!!

Veterinari Sat 23-Jan-16 09:49:34

I also have 34gg boobs. I buy genie bras from anazon in size 16 for sleeping/lounging. Enough support that I'm under control but very soft and comfy

goingtotown Sat 23-Jan-16 14:54:01

The cups on soft bras are not big enough for my 32GG.

N0tfinished Sat 23-Jan-16 15:05:37

I tried those genie/soft cup bras & didn't find them that comfy. My boobs squished together in the middle or something.

I do remember having wireless ones from m&s that were good, but I was about 1 band size & 2 cup sizes smaller then hmm

AnguaResurgam Sat 23-Jan-16 15:11:08

ASDA have got an ever improving range of bigger cup bras.

This one might be worth trying as it looks very comfy and is only £8. But you'd have to try a similar-volume-different-proportion size (they have it in a 36G).

( it's an ever improving range but it stops at G)

Hamiltoes Sat 23-Jan-16 18:18:01

I got some really great and comfortable 34GG bras from M&S nursing range. They came in a twin set if i recall correctly anx you wouldnt know they were nursing bras. Non wired but padded and really supportive. I'd still use them but after a hospital stay diet my perky 34GGs have reduced to 32Ds sad

ooosaidooo Sat 23-Jan-16 18:50:49

What make are you wearing N0tfinished ? I used to love freya etc but they used to hurt buy the end of the day even when they were well fitted. I moved to Prima Donna they are twice the price but 10 times more comfortable, especially if you are a bigger cup size, I just wear them up until bedtime and then wear a sleep vest like one of these with built in support to sleep in.

ggirl Sat 23-Jan-16 18:55:54

i wear one of these sloggi , I am 36 g ..i definitely wouldn't wear out side unless wrapped in coat tbh but perfectly comfy for around the house.

Sainsburysdo these that are comfy but slightly sweaty as not cotton.

I'm a fan of the Bravissimo PJ tops too. I wear perfectly fitted bras but I am inclined to lounge on my sofa and I find that bras and lying down don't go terribly well!

ouryve Sat 23-Jan-16 19:59:40

I'm a 32GG and like this one as a comfortable house (and school run if I'm not taking my coat off) bra. It gives me a decent shape with no monoboob.

it works best for me with the old way of measuring, though - a nice loose 36 band!

bimandbam Sat 23-Jan-16 20:01:50

I have a Royce maternity bra I still wear now for sobbing around in. It's comfortable and supportive enough for the house and an occasional dog walk when I CBA.

Chimchar Sat 23-Jan-16 20:02:55

Another vote for bravissimo pj tops...they're great. I have massive boobs and they are great...not an ideal look for going out, but great for around the house.

Smurfingreat Sat 23-Jan-16 20:06:08

I'm the same size as you OP and I wear Bravissimo PJ tops too, they are so comfy. I never buy the matching bottoms though as they seem overpriced, and just get some nicer/cheaper ones elsewhere.

Smurfingreat Sat 23-Jan-16 20:07:32

Oh and I'd recommend the lace top racer back ones in particular. Good support and hides any tummy!

cece Sat 23-Jan-16 20:16:44

I wear Primark vest tops to sleep in and buy them a size smaller than I wear during the day. They are tight enough to give some support and I find them comfortable as they stretch. I am a 34H

hiccupgirl Sat 23-Jan-16 21:07:14

I'm a 36FF and buy soft cup bra tops from Sainsburys (as ggirl linked to) in XL for lounging around. I also wore them as a bra for 6 weeks following major surgery that meant I couldn't wear a fitted bra. They're cheap and do a good job IME.

hugoagogo Sat 23-Jan-16 21:51:39

Sainsbury cropped tops are brilliant, I wear them for bed and wore them after laparoscopic surgery last year too.

mrsvilliers Sun 24-Jan-16 09:36:00

Another one who wears nursing bras in bed here. I like the support they give, mine are a bit too big now (due to no longer bfing) but still feels substantial enough. So maybe the right size would give proper support?

notapizzaeater Sun 24-Jan-16 10:00:08

I am a 36k so feel your pain, I wear a horrible granny looking Doreen bra from triumph, no wires

N0tfinished Sun 24-Jan-16 12:33:29

Thanks for all the answers

I think I'll invest in one of those bravissimo pj tops, and keep my eye out for a softer crop top like the ones you all linked. I'm in Ireland, so no asda or sainsburys!

Sorry I didn't reply earlier, my entire family (all male except me, natch) have taken to their beds with flu. Manflu & boyflu X 2. Of course I remain unaffected hmm

hollinhurst84 Sun 24-Jan-16 12:41:41

Ewa michalak do a nice sleep bra

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now