Ash virgin buckle trainers size dilemma

(7 Posts)
looki Thu 21-Jan-16 23:44:19

i wonder if anybody can advise. I take a shoe size 5.5 usually. If I can't get the shoes I want in a 5.5, I always size up and buy a 6. Size 5 is definitely too small for me. Today, my longed for Ash virgins trainers arrived and they are so big. My feet are not eh same size - one trainer is big but would be ok, the other trainer is so big for me. I am in a dilemma as to whether I should return the size 6 and re-order in a size 5. I take a size 6 in Converse if that helps but they don't seem as big as the Ash ones. Has anybody else been in a similar dilemma and what did you do?

Joneseygirl77 Fri 22-Jan-16 07:07:03

I'm a size 6 but mine feel big on me. So I tend to wear 2 pairs of socks with them. Thin cotton pair and thick wool pair on top and it seems to do the trick! Otherwise how about insoles in them?

louloubelle2 Fri 22-Jan-16 07:45:20

Ash Virgins are big to size, not in width, just long. If you already have the 6's and they are too big, then you have two options; to order the 5's which may be too small, or don't bother. No-one on here can tell you for sure the 5's would definitely be too small you'll have to try them.

polyhymnia Fri 22-Jan-16 11:08:17

I tend to buy continent ally sized shoes. Normal size is 41 and my Ash Virgins are plenty big enough for me. I'd say sizing on generous side.

polyhymnia Fri 22-Jan-16 11:08:52

Sorry, my Ash Virgins are plenty big enough in 41.

Lambzig Sat 23-Jan-16 20:44:52

I am normally a size 5 and had to size down to a 4 for mine. Very big.

looki Sat 23-Jan-16 22:46:36

Thanks, I know that I won't know until I try them but I wanted to see if it was the 'norm' for others to have to size down. I think I will order the size 5 and compare. Because they are expensive for me, I didn't want to order both pairs at the same time but it seems I will have to anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now