hair advice and help!!!

(9 Posts)
susannahmoodie Thu 21-Jan-16 21:36:35

I am very very fed up of my hair atm and don't know what to do with it. Since having dcs it has gone weird and curly in random places and I feel like I can't control it. At the front it is v straight, but at the back it has this wave which I have to work vv hard to get rid of even with blow drying and straightening- even the hairdresser has to wrestle with it so hat it is straight.

I do t know whether to embrace the curl or to go for a straightening treatment....I am also considering dying it for the first ever time in my life (am 32!)

Any advice on cut and colour appreciated.

JoyceDivision Thu 21-Jan-16 21:42:16

Short inverted bob that will embrace the wave... I can't say re hairdye as I have just grown mine out but having big wobble and may dye it again!

tethersend Thu 21-Jan-16 21:54:23

Yy to a wavy bob.

Something like these

susannahmoodie Thu 21-Jan-16 22:21:06

Like but is that not v high maintenance??

susannahmoodie Sun 24-Jan-16 09:25:12

Bumping for he Sunday morning crowd...I like the styles lik ed too but suspect they might take a lot of styling time...which I don't really have.....(2 dcs, FT job...)

susannahmoodie Sun 24-Jan-16 09:25:26

Linked to

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sun 24-Jan-16 11:27:38

Susannah I think you should keep the length, and get a good trim to lose any dry ends. I have similar hair that is straight in places and curly in others. It's a pain! I tried a bob and found it extremely hard work. It was time consuming to style straight and looked a mess if left curly (think dragged through a bush backwards) sad Maybe I wasn't using the right products.. The weight of longer hair will be pulling some of the curl down so be prepared for it to curl up more at the back if shorter or layered. I would suggest a cut so you can still wear your hair up, especially if you're short of time.
I think your hair looks lovely in the photo but if you want to dye it, maybe some subtle highlights? or if money's an issue, an at home dye such as nice n easy light ash blonde which works with the tones you already have in your hair.

susannahmoodie Sun 24-Jan-16 17:26:16

Ok thank you. It is very hard work at the minute, and I think it is harder when it is shorter....

Jmangel Sun 24-Jan-16 20:27:32

How about growing it more and then getting a layered v cut you know like all the VS angels have - Gisele like hair which would utilize your waves really well. Think you could grow out the fringe to a more layered side swept part one that would blend in better with your lovely waves - at the moment it's a little disconnected. Your hair colour is gorgeous - maybe just some honey highlights if you fancy a change?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now