Dressing gown

(10 Posts)
nicetoshare Tue 19-Jan-16 23:48:48

I am looking to replace my old but elegant dressing gown. I am often in my dressing gown at home! (Shift work, lots of cars, dc, and I love lazing around) and my kitchen window looks straight onto a narrow pavement. So I need something warm, modest, full length but not so thick that it is like being wrapped in a duvet. My old one was made by Debenhams but they don't do it any more. Does anyone have any other ideas?

superbfairywren Wed 20-Jan-16 08:05:09

My go to shops would be marks and Spencer, John Lewis, t k maxx. Tk maxx had some really lovely ones in at Christmas. Do you want the waffle/towelling material rather than fleecey so its not too warm? I'm not sure how a dressing gown can be ELEGANT tbh. hmm

TheKitchenWitch Wed 20-Jan-16 08:06:46

Cannot help but may I ask how having lots of cars is relevant to dressing gown wearing? grin

southeastastra Wed 20-Jan-16 08:07:52

i just got this in sale recommend

Pupsiecola Wed 20-Jan-16 08:52:21

I know you wanted full-length but I bought this a few months ago and I love it:-

www.whitestuff.com/womens/nightwear/almond-cream-deer-and-foxes-short-robe/

nicetoshare Wed 20-Jan-16 12:00:11

Typo sorry - should be lots of cats! Hence lots of lounging around with cat hair and needing to change out of work clothes when I get home!

nicetoshare Wed 20-Jan-16 12:03:30

Ooh, thanks for the recommendations! I wouldn't have thought of either top shop or white stuff having dressing gowns.

I know an elegant dressing gown is a bit of a contradiction in terms grin but my old one is sort of long and black and soft but not thick, so I feel like I can cover up but still sweep elegantly into a room ...

I may be kidding myself about the elegance though hmm

nicetoshare Wed 20-Jan-16 12:05:15

pupsie what fabric is that robe made out of? Is it cotton? Is it warm enough for winter would you say?

redhat Wed 20-Jan-16 12:05:41

DH bought me a lovely charcoal grey cashmere full length dressing gown for Christmas from M&S. Its very elegant looking. They might have them in the sale.

Pupsiecola Wed 20-Jan-16 13:01:59

It is cotton yes. Quite think. I just wanted something non-towelling. I would imagine it's fine for winter. I bought it in the winter so it was geared towards that time of year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now