Oily Skin Solution

(10 Posts)
LavenderRain Mon 18-Jan-16 19:39:08

Although I'm almost 50 shock I have really oily skin,
I work 13 hour shifts in a hospital and my foundation falls off by lunchtime!
I use BB cream in matte,

Today, when getting ready I put on my usual eye cream and forgot to moisturise my face. Well, what a revelation! The foundation has stayed on all day and my face isn't shiny smile

Thing is, is this bad for my skin? Will my face get too dry if I do it every day?

Iwantakitchen Mon 18-Jan-16 19:41:35

Use a good night moisturiser and it should be fine I started using Claris oil as night treatment for oily skin called lotus oil. It's expensive but amazing.

LavenderRain Mon 18-Jan-16 19:48:23

Thanks, I use lidl night cream at the mo, it's lovely. Just sinks in but will look into Clarins nearer payday!

LotsOfShoes Mon 18-Jan-16 20:07:48

I'm early 30s but have the same issue. There's no moisturizer out there that doesn't make my face greasy, tried them all. I'm afraid i'm damaging my face because i don't moisturize or use spf...but if I do, i break out in massive spots and my makeup slides off in 2 hrs no matter how good a primer and fixing spray I use.

LavenderRain Mon 18-Jan-16 20:09:49

Apparently us ladies with oily skin have less wrinkles grin every cloud eh?.........

badfurday Mon 18-Jan-16 20:52:54

I feel your pain. Mid 30's and I'm oily too. I use the simple oils free Matt moisturiser. I started to wear no moisturiser under my make up and like you found it brilliant. About a week after my skin got really bad break outs and in sure it was because of lack of moisturiser.
So, now I use Kleenex blotting paper. Very old school but bloody great! I use a couple at lunchtime to take the oil off and just reapply my powder over the top. I used to apply powder over the oiliness and it made my make up very cakey.
You can get them on eBay, worth ago.

beautyadoration Tue 19-Jan-16 14:54:32

I think it's very important to moisturise your skin and wearing moisturiser under makeup actually helps your makeup to stay in place longer and will stop your skin over producing oil. I'd look at the moisturiser you are using because it might be too heavy and sit on your skin which could be what is making your makeup fade quickly.

I love the Nivea Oil Free one, it's very light and quickly absorbed and doesn't irritate my skin.

Do you powder? Because powder is so important when you have oily skin. It will set your makeup into place and make it last longer. I like to apply powder before foundation (weird, but it works really well) and a tiny bit on my oily areas afterwards. I love the Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powderin Translucent or the NYX HD powder which you can buy from Boots.

Silverpinkswirls Tue 19-Jan-16 15:01:45

Bb cream never lasts on me but cc cream does I use boujois

LavenderRain Wed 20-Jan-16 08:14:28

Thanks everyone. Yes I do use powder after foundation. The rimmel stay matt one.
I will look into an oil free moisturiser. My face does feel a bit tight today so don't think I can continue not using any.

Queenoftheblues Wed 20-Jan-16 13:08:17

try a primer before your foundation, i swear by no7 Beautifully matte make up base. i dont need to use powder on top because of this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now