Macs/trench coats - is it best to stick with a 'neutral' colour to keep it timeless?

(4 Posts)
keeponkeepinon Sun 17-Jan-16 14:19:05

I would like to invest in a nice mac or trench style jacket. I wouldn't buy a stone/beige coloured one as I am too pale to carry it off, the obvious choice would be navy instead. However, I have seen jackets in fantastic colours and I got this at Christmas, but am now wondering if its just too out there and would be too dominating over an outfit. Its a jacket I expect to be wearing for years to come and with this in mind should I have gone for navy instead?

www.hobbs.co.uk/product/display?productid=0215-3276-9057L00&productvarid=0215-3276-9057L00-ROYAL-PURPLE-12

I wear jeans a lot, usually with brown chelsea boots or knee highs. I'm thinking I would have to find a handbag that co ordinates, or am I thinking it over too much?!

Oly5 Sun 17-Jan-16 17:02:35

You're overthinkng it
The Sara and saskia Max's from Hobbs are fab in all the colours - the styles just don't date
Maybe save up for a navy one as a wardrobe staple back-up but enjoy your purple one!
They are lovely in my opinion
I have both styles in a range of colours and wear them all a lot

Oly5 Sun 17-Jan-16 17:02:48

Macs not
Max's

HappyGirlNow Sun 17-Jan-16 17:38:02

If you like it and think you'll get wear out of it for a few years get it. I wouldn't because The colour isn't for me and wouldn't be nice with anything I wear. But only you can know how it would work for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now