Pixie crops

(23 Posts)
NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 16-Jan-16 18:10:33

I've had hair extension, I change my hair like most people change shoes and I'm fed up of doing it. I'm a nurse and I've recently got a chin length Bob and I'm gradually going to go back blonde. I'm also a nurse so hair on collar is a Nono etc but I'm worried about not looking feminine
I'm 26, 5ft 7 and a size 16 (loosing weight) is say my face is an oval but I've added some pictures and would really like some opinions please

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 16-Jan-16 18:46:34

Anyone X

CremeEggThief Sat 16-Jan-16 19:18:31

Personally, I think your hair really suits you as it is now, or possibly a little longer. I also really like your colour, it looks glossy and healthy.

amarmai Sat 16-Jan-16 19:29:07

go for the pixie ,op. It will suit you!

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 16-Jan-16 19:35:07

Oooo two different opinions confused

ditavonteesed Sat 16-Jan-16 19:41:00

I think it would suit you, I had mine done last week for the same reason (student nurse) I was fed up of it scrapped back in a pony tail and I can't be bothered to do it at 5am. I love it, takes no time to do and makes me look somehow more grown up but not older if that makes sense.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 16-Jan-16 19:49:47

Was it a big shock dita

ditavonteesed Sat 16-Jan-16 19:51:45

no,, instant love. I'll try and find the thread with before and after pics on. I still keep going to take my bobble out though, it's like aving your hair up but without the permanent headache.

ditavonteesed Sat 16-Jan-16 19:52:55

here lots of good pixie cuts linked as well.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sat 16-Jan-16 19:59:27

That is beautiful! So so gorgeous!!!

Doobigetta Sat 16-Jan-16 23:12:46

Honestly, I think the bob is cool and stylish, and a pixie cut would be less so. I'm not a pixie fan though. I think they look genuinely good on very few people, and most of them would still look better with longer hair.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sun 17-Jan-16 09:34:09

Maybe I will hold off

CreviceImp Sun 17-Jan-16 09:42:34

Personally I think a bob is a boring, safe, mum default mode hairstyle and a lot of women look better with a pixie. You just have to get the right one for your face shape.

These would work with your face shape

HelloItsMeAgain Sun 17-Jan-16 09:45:07

The worst that can happen is you do not like it as much as you thought - and you let it grow back again.

I did it last year. Loved it. Growing it out now (but only as I have let my natural greys come through so just intrigued to how it looks). If I do not like it I am totally not scared of chopping again.

If you do decide to do it (I think it would look lovely) take a Pinterest board of ideas you like/love with you to the hair dresser. Just randomly pin they "yep, like that" ones. Also do a board of "urghhh, hate that" SHow the hairdressers and give them a bit of free reign to give you a cut that will suit your hair, hair patterning, kinks, etc etc. As long as they go for the overall "likes" shape (eg you prefer a long fringe) and avoid the things you hate (eg too high at the crown).

Do it. And post pics grin

CreviceImp Sun 17-Jan-16 09:52:21

These are great too.....

ditavonteesed Sun 17-Jan-16 10:06:06

the middle pic that crevice posted is the pic I took to the hairdressers.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sun 17-Jan-16 13:38:56

I don't want to go too short was thing of these

CreviceImp Sun 17-Jan-16 13:46:54

They are all nice but I like the last dark haired one the most. I like a messy pixie and they are really easy to style.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sun 17-Jan-16 13:48:53

I just wonder if it's slightly too short X

CreviceImp Sun 17-Jan-16 14:04:54

Nope. Long for a pixie. You have the features to pull it off.

Runningupthathill82 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:21:44

I think the colour and length really suit you at the moment. I'm not sure a pixie would work with your face shape.

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sun 17-Jan-16 15:03:08

Thank you all

NorfolkEnchantsToday Sun 17-Jan-16 20:14:02

I like how Trixie in call the midwife used to have her hair?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now