Sensationail mauve

(9 Posts)
lorelei9 Sat 16-Jan-16 13:02:55

Does anyone know what the equal colour would be? I find it really hard to guess blue sky colours from the pics and have bought a couple in the past that were not at all what I expected from Amazon or eBay pics.

The Sensatioail one is more of a red mauve than a grey mauve. While the blue sky colours are a battle to remove I think that's better as sensationail seems to peel a fair bit and I think needs doing again earlier than Blue Sky.

WickedWax Sat 16-Jan-16 13:05:07

Have you tried bluesky Mad about Mauve or Marvellous Mauve.

lorelei9 Sat 16-Jan-16 13:10:28

Wicked, thanks but they look grey mauve not red mauve. Very misleading name from Sensationail, I know.

WickedWax Sat 16-Jan-16 13:13:24

There a Facebook group called "bluesky nails, hints, tips n advice". Post a pic on there and they'll have you matched up in minutes.

lorelei9 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:37:50

I'm not on Facebook so if any other posters have any idea what a good match would be, please let me know. Thanks smile

SmileAndNod Sun 17-Jan-16 11:57:11

Is it mauve maven you're after? As I think that's on offer this weekend from sensationail..

lorelei9 Sun 17-Jan-16 12:11:53

it is on offer - my issue with it is peels off really quickly even with a bluesky base and top coat.

bluesky colours don't seem to budge. I was hoping to get the equivalent in blue sky as I reckon I could go 3 weeks without doing nails - sensationail seems to need doing every 10 days as it starts to lift at the edges.

itsbetterthanabox Sun 17-Jan-16 14:11:20

Go get them done by a nail tech. Pro gel polishes last much better.

lorelei9 Sun 17-Jan-16 14:19:32

its, I actually did that the first time - very pricey for me - but then bought a kit to minimise cost.

Bluesky stays on like nobody's business and I'm happy to keep doing my own (couldn't afford to have them done out even if I could bear the smell of acetone and constant chatting, lol) but I just wondered what the equivalent colour was. With Bluesky being online only, it can be hard to tell.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now