New Handbag

(13 Posts)
biscuitkumquat Fri 15-Jan-16 11:38:44

Looking for some advice & inspiration.

My Godmother passed away 2 years ago, and she, very generously, left me £1000, with a suggestion that I buy something completely frivolous, and not spend it on day to day living.

I originally thought a piece of jewellery, but I've been looking EVERYWHERE, but I can't find anything that jumps out at me.

I'm now thinking a designer handbag.

I have a few designer inspired fake Mulberry handbags, but they seem to be everywhere, so I'm now thinking a Louis Vuitton classic, which I thought I could use as a day time handbag.

I like an unstructured bag, and it needs to be quite big, because I carry around a load of rubbish.

What do you think of this one?

Or, can you recommend something else.

I am well aware that I am very, very lucky, and that this is a first world problem!

Cheesymonster Fri 15-Jan-16 12:55:10

That's nice. Popular and functional.

The LV speedy is another classic but you'd need to love hand held bags. Although the speedy bandouliere cones with a long strap.

TheGreenTriangle Fri 15-Jan-16 13:12:01

I have a Speedy bandoulière, love it. The Neverfull was my second choice (will have to save up some more). Personally I think the medium is big enough, rather than the large size.

What a lovely thought and gift from your Godmother flowers

biscuitkumquat Fri 15-Jan-16 19:25:21

Thanks for your help.

I'm not great with a handheld bag, so the Neverfull will probably be my final choice.

Do you think this is the best colour to go for?

Madbengalmum Fri 15-Jan-16 19:28:46

The damier pattern is nice if you can get it, and a bit more unusual.

Madbengalmum Fri 15-Jan-16 19:29:58

Neverful is a great useful, pretty indestructable bag, and of course comes in a few differnet sizes.

Madbengalmum Fri 15-Jan-16 19:31:33

Too add, the only issue with it is that there is only one small pocket in the side, so it isnt particularly very secure, but that may not be an issue for you

TheWatchersCouncil Fri 15-Jan-16 20:33:53

Louis Vuitton Artsy is very nice.

biscuitkumquat Fri 15-Jan-16 20:34:10

To be honest Madbengalmum, I have so much rubbish in my bag, no one would ever find my purse!

I would definitely need the bigger size.

I can also just about afford a nice new purse too, so was thinking the Mulberry Continental Wallet too, in black.

Cheesymonster Fri 15-Jan-16 20:51:15

I prefer the Damier Ebene print.

biscuitkumquat Fri 15-Jan-16 21:00:42

I wasn't sure about which print to get, but I've got a very, very old travel bag which is the Monogram print, so I wasn't sure whether to get them both to match, or whether that's a bit "try too hard"

Larastheme Fri 15-Jan-16 21:08:47

I'd never get one in the monogram line, maybe the epi leather or might go with something entirely different, like a celine tote

Joneseygirl77 Fri 15-Jan-16 21:16:29

I have a medium never full and I love it. It's a great bag not too heavy but you can get a decent amount in it. I agree with mad about it not being very secure but I travel around London a lot on the tube etc and I just pop my phone etc in the pocket or the mini purse.

Ah what a lovely present!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now