Coat for the short and dumpy

(7 Posts)
Kaz2200 Fri 15-Jan-16 10:43:56

Hi can anyone help me find the perfect coat on a budget, I am 5'2, a size 14 with large boobs. My slimmest bit is probably my legs, I would like a a dressy 3/4 or full length coat to go out in on an evening, I can't seem to wear belted, I look like I'm wearing a dressing gown, any help appreciated

CreviceImp Fri 15-Jan-16 16:13:00

Try the three button coat from Jaeger outlet. It is oversized and cocoon in shape but has proved fantastically warm today. The material is light but don't let that deceive you- it is very warm owing to wool content.

I am a size 12-14 Apple shape and bought a 14 but the 12 would have been a better fit. I ended up moving the buttons on mine but it is still slouchy enough. From what you say the 12 would be plenty roomy enough.

It is dressy but looks good with casual stuff too.

CreviceImp Fri 15-Jan-16 16:16:02

here
Forgot to add I'm short too and it hits just above my knee.

amarmai Fri 15-Jan-16 21:41:28

3/4 length swing back

elephantoverthehill Fri 15-Jan-16 21:44:18

I am quite short. I agree with 3/4 length, but I favour the full swing coat, not just the back.

RaisingSteam Fri 15-Jan-16 22:07:55

I got my coat last year from the Lands End petite range - they don't have the same one now but it's just a slim single breasted boiled wool coat. Being petite means it fits much better especially the sleeves are not too long.

all these in the sale

I did have to order a few to try on but one was perfect.

amarmai Sat 16-Jan-16 13:30:56

agree ele , the full swing will hang better over a decent size bust.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now