Estee Lauder - which shade?

(6 Posts)
Sweetandsour93 Fri 15-Jan-16 00:03:18

Hi, I just wondered if anyone could advise me which shade of Double Wear foundation would be best? I am currently wearing the shade Ecru, which seemed to be the best match for my skin tone but recently I feel that it washes me out too much and I would like something slightly (only slightly!) darker. I can't get to a store for a few days and I really want to order some online.
sad Does anyone know which shade would give me a bit more colour but not look too dark? I was looking at Rattan or Fresco - anyone on here tried either of them?

Maverick66 Fri 15-Jan-16 00:08:39

Not sure what those colours are like but DD wears Ecru and she is young with flawless skin and quite fair skinned. I on the other hand am 49 with all the usual flaws and I wear pebble which is perfect for me smile

Iloveangel Fri 15-Jan-16 07:30:04

Rattan is very tan coloured......I don't think I am as pale as you by the sounds of it, and it made me look orange. So I would st way from that one.
Unsure about Fresco. TBH I have spent months trying to find a shade to suit me and after taking numerous samples home have given up(still can't believe I can't find the correct one considering they have about 32 shades!!!) A shame as I love the foundation) . Anyway I ended up with Revlon Colorstay which I have to say is just as good and less than half the price!!!

mrslebon Fri 15-Jan-16 09:21:35

I use Fresco. I'd say it's fairly pale with a hint of warmth about it. It's definitely not dark in any way.

LAB123 Fri 15-Jan-16 10:15:29

I've worn Ecru for 5 years (I'm mid 30s) but went to get it checked recently and I've moved to Desert Beige which is just slightly warmer then Ecru. Really pleased as they gave me a 10 day trial in House of Fraser before I bought. I'd try before you buy.

Sweetandsour93 Fri 15-Jan-16 15:13:45

Thanks all, I think I'll try and hold off a bit longer until I can get to a store to try it but it looks like Fresco or Desert Beige will the most likely ones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now