highlighter

(7 Posts)
Harverina Wed 13-Jan-16 21:30:49

I would like some highlighter - I have a couple of questions:

Do you always wear it underneath your foundation? I was reading an article about it and it suggested using on top for some brands?

Do you use it all over your face underneath?

In the past I used benefit high beam but I'm not sure it's the best one?

Any recommendations? No more that £25 please smile

Lauren15 Wed 13-Jan-16 21:33:04

Place marking! I've used High Beam as well and wasn't impressed. I'd like to hear MNers recommendations.

LordEmsworth Wed 13-Jan-16 21:59:12

Umm, well I love High Beam but if you are putting it under foundation, I am not surprised you don't love it. It's the last thing to go on my face...

Harverina Wed 13-Jan-16 22:41:49

I wore high beam above my make up but have a no. 7 highlighter that was given As a tester and was told by the consultant to wear under my foundation?

Nettletheelf Wed 13-Jan-16 22:57:53

If Tesco still do their Barbara Daly range, the powder highlighter is fab. You stick a bit on the tops of your cheeks.

CookieDoughKid Wed 13-Jan-16 23:11:51

Use something like Chanel illuminator powder for all over face (AFTER you finish your foundation and rest of makeup application). It's very fine and doesn't glitter. It gives a subtle and highlighting sheen and makes your skin 'pop' more fresher/brighter.

And if you want to highlight cheekbones or nose bone or eyebrow or under eye area then use a something like Benefits Highbeam or [https://www.benefitcosmetics.com/uk/en-gb/product/watts-up Whatsupp ] stick. Nars does a good one but its expensive unfortunately.

PitPatKitKat Wed 13-Jan-16 23:19:27

RMS luminizer is good, it's a like a sheer cream blush in weight/texture. Very subtle sheer pearlescent effect. It has a coconut based formulation.

Great direct onto bare skin or over foundation/under powder.

RMS also do eyeshadows in shades lunar (creamy pearl) and solar (luminous gold) that are great as highlighter on different skintones.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now