Retin A glycolic vit c advice

(2 Posts)
Trickybottom Wed 13-Jan-16 18:20:14

Have read good reviews on Retin A so going to give it a go! Does anyone also do glycolic and vit c, what brands and how do you use them all and when, also need a good sunscreen recommended, many thanks

mintbiscuit Wed 13-Jan-16 19:36:51

Word of warning. Do not use any 'actives' such as glycolic and vit c if you are thinking of retin a (which will require a prescription or you can take a punt on t'internet if you are feeling brave!). You will melt your face off if you do. Retin A is powerful stuff. So is retinol if you get a high enough concentration.

Skinceuticals vit c with vit e and ferulic acid is meant to be the dogs b****cks. But £££!
For glycolic acid products I would look at Paulas choice. Her products are well formulated.

If you want to start out with a retinol (as opposed to retin a) I highly recommend the Skinceuticals 0.5% and 1.0%. Again expensive but very well formulated. And strong for OTC! I tried the 1.0% and had to quit and go to the 0.5%.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now