footwear for cropped wide leg pants

(10 Posts)
amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 17:14:51

I have sewed them in red tartan ,they have 25" circum legs and are going to have a wide cuff just above the ankle. Mainly seeing stilettos on pinterest, but i need something closer to the ground! What footwear do you suggest , s&b mners and any ideas for the top half- but cant wear cropped?

niminypiminy Wed 13-Jan-16 17:24:45

Fitted for top half, I think.

For shoes, if you want to do a heel, how about a block heel -perhaps something like this, or you could go for a mid-height kitten heel like this.

If flats are more your thing then brogues would work very well. As an alternative this cutaway style might work very well.

vindscreenviper Wed 13-Jan-16 17:32:48

White converse?

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 17:37:59

like the block heel, niminy, thanks for the ideas. Was wondering about sneakers, viper - until i saw the pic! looks like my red tartan lol.

vindscreenviper Wed 13-Jan-16 17:44:47

grin Yeah, an great example of how not to do cropped flares amarmai
I can remember one of my aunt being into the Bay City Rollers and wearing huge platform boots with her tartan crops.

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 18:07:08

I am also wondering about boots, viper, but just saw a set of pics for 2016/17 fall winter with a ton of flared flood pants - all paired with a thick sole very pointed toe loafer. So still wavering!

tethersend Wed 13-Jan-16 18:10:42

I'd like to caution against stilettos as they get caught in the cuffs of the trousers, making you fall down the stairs like a twat in front of the whole school. Probably.

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 18:22:33

omg i saw this happen to a woman walking up a hilly street -her sandals caught in the flowing pant leg and she fell face down. it was awful. Def ruled out stilettos!

niminypiminy Wed 13-Jan-16 18:32:23

I fell face downward down some stairs by catching the toe of my shoe in some long wide leg trousers - ripped my lip right through up to the frenulum. Cropped wide leg trousers is the way forward for me.

amarmai Wed 13-Jan-16 18:44:48

that sounds so painful, niminy. Yes-cropped for me too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now