Small waist, big hips - where to buy trousers from?

(5 Posts)
SheHasAWildHeart Wed 13-Jan-16 10:22:41

I wear tops in size small but my trousers are a whole different issue. I have a small waist but big hips and am in desperate need of nice trousers. I have a couple of pairs from Dorothy Perkins that seem to be doing the job, but they're plain boring black work trousers. I ordered some online from Mango and they arrived yesterday and I couldn't even get them past my hips! Size 10 is too tight and size 12s hang in a weird way in odd places. I don't know what you'd call my body shape (pear?) but any advice would be really appreciated.

Djangor Wed 13-Jan-16 11:23:06

Need measurements really. I'm size 10 generally but have about 9inch difference between waist & hips & can usually find trousers to fit in Hobbs, Jigsaw & Gap & Next used to be good for jeans. Some curvy people fit into Boden's chelsea trousers but they don't have a big enough waist to hip difference in the small sizes for me. Levis bold curve were great but think they have been replaced with something else now.

Rpj16 Wed 13-Jan-16 11:31:00

I had this problem... do you find they 'gape' at the back? Next are quite good. I used to just grab a million pairs to try on in tk maxx and hope one or two pairs fitted. (I don't have this problem any more since my skinny waist vanished after uni!)

MancMum01 Wed 13-Jan-16 11:38:33

for a one off pair - look at John lewis site for bruce oldfield ones - reduced to 26 quid - a rec from another poster for ladies like us - I bought a pair and they fit me really well - the feedback from other people was they were too lose in the hips and thigh area - result for me!! the quality is lovely and I am going to buy some more as they are a classic style

SheHasAWildHeart Wed 13-Jan-16 12:12:32

I'd forgotten about Next I used to buy lots from there once upon a time, but then they started doing everything 'bootcut' that I didn't like, but will try again. I always go into Gap and never buy anything, so will def be trying on some trousers in there next time. I'll take a look at the Bruce Oldfield ones online now. Thank you all smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now