Anyone bought any nice trousers lately? Bored of skinnies...

(10 Posts)
PontypineNumber9 Tue 12-Jan-16 20:07:59

Just wondering if anyone can recommend some nice 'proper' trousers? Ideally something that can be dressed up for work and will work with trainers too.
I like the look of the Jigsaw London trousers (www.jigsaw-online.com/product/london-crosshatch-trousers/J27875_BL010) but the reviews aren't very good and I don't want to waste my time ordering then sending them back. Any other nice ones out there?

OnlyHereForTheCamping Tue 12-Jan-16 21:39:27

Jigsaw sizes have gone a bit weird. I agree with the reviews on those, freaky big waist even though I don't have a waist and why on earth are they not lined at that price. However I did try these. and they were lovely. I was too tight to buy them though

Potterwolfie Tue 12-Jan-16 22:15:23

I bought some beautiful, smart, wide legged navy trousers from Next, heavy fabric which hangs so nicely.

I'm tall and the style suits me really well, will wear with small heels for work and flats at weekends.

PontypineNumber9 Tue 12-Jan-16 22:43:48

Thank so for the responses!
Like the look of the ones you linked to Camping - I think I may need to go in to Jigsaw and try some on.
Potter- those Next ones sound good too.
I'm going to have to go to actual shops aren't I? Not so easy when I work and have two tiny DCs but I really need some trousers and am happy to spend a bit more than usual for the right thing (New Years resolution - buy fewer, better quality things I genuinely love).

Levantine Wed 13-Jan-16 07:03:23

Have you tried Cos? They have trousers in that Jigsaw style. Also Kin in John Lewis worth a look

Bunbaker Wed 13-Jan-16 07:19:18

Don't laugh, but I bought some plain black slim leg Per Una trousers recently. They were ideal for a trip to Rome as they have secure zip front pockets where I could hide most of my money. They were comfortable and practical, but looked smart at the same time. Being slim leg I could wear them with comfy walking shoes or smarter heels.

JackandDiane Wed 13-Jan-16 07:22:56

were they the per una Roma brand bunny? grin

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 17-Jan-16 02:19:47

Bought these http://m.topshop.com/h5/product?productId=22096751 and totally love them!!

PontypineNumber9 Sun 17-Jan-16 09:27:56

Those Topshop ones look great ! But sadly they've sold out in my size. Maybe I could size down though as they look very big?
I went to jigsaw and tried on loads of trousers which weren't quite right so ended up not buying anything. Will look at Cos and Kin - thanks all.

Justputyourshoesonnow Sun 17-Jan-16 19:43:50

Deffo size down, pontypine! I'm a definite 12 and the 10s are perfect. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now