Newcastle / North East hairdressers who are good at short hair - recommendations please!

(23 Posts)
trevortrevorslatterfry Tue 12-Jan-16 15:09:15

Crikey my 1st thread in S&B <quakes>

I am very unstylish but my haircut is making it worse!
I had my bob cut short a few years ago and at first I loved the short crop - it was a Ginnifer Goodwin kind of idea

However - my hairdresser has stopped listening to me and just cuts on autopilot now and it's going away from what I wanted.
Obv I should just woman up and demand she does a better job but actually I have no clue what I'd like, apart from this one picture of GG!

So I want to put myself in the hands of an expert and get his/her advice -- but not sure where to turn in my area.

All the websites of hairdressers I've heard of in the area have lovely long shiny hairstyles so I guess that's what they are best at - I want someone who is shit hot at short hair.

So lovely Geordies of S&B , can you recommend anyone to me?

thankyou in advance smile

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 13-Jan-16 09:02:26

grin anyone? anyone?

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 13-Jan-16 09:02:47

^^ said in the voice of Ferris Bueller's teacher

gamerchick Wed 13-Jan-16 09:04:53

Well it depends on where you are. There would be no point in recommending mine if you're in Newcastle itself grin

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 13-Jan-16 09:07:33

[smaile] thanks gamerchick - I am in Gateshead for work, not far from home and it's easy to get to Ncl - I don't mind travelling a bit -

gamerchick Wed 13-Jan-16 09:07:33

Also there's always the ask a stranger thing. if you see someone with an awesome short haircut people don't usually mind if you ask where they got it done.

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 13-Jan-16 09:07:45

smile fail!

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 13-Jan-16 09:09:27

Hm that is a good idea, but all the women I work with and see socially have lovely long ironed straight hair, or short mumsy haircuts.
I shall keep my eyes peeled while I am out and about never grin

dorothymichaels Wed 13-Jan-16 09:11:40

Gill Garrity near the RVI. Gill is the queen of the crop.

gamerchick Wed 13-Jan-16 09:14:36

My friends girlfriend owns this one, I've never been but I've seen a lot of happy customers.

m.facebook.com/bellsbarbershop1/

trevortrevorslatterfry Wed 13-Jan-16 11:11:31

Mint thanks dorothy and gamer I shall check them out!

AdventuresOfADentist Wed 20-Jan-16 23:15:37

It might be a bit of a drive, but I'd recommend Envy in Shiremoor. I think they've got a Facebook page if you search for it.

trevortrevorslatterfry Thu 21-Jan-16 13:40:54

Thanks dentist. I am booked in with Gill at the weekend but may give Envy a try in the future.

Rosequartz24 Thu 21-Jan-16 19:36:01

Paige at rudis in West Denton, previously worked at Fenwick hairdressers !Had a total hair disaster in that i had really long hair and wanted a chic but trendy short pixie....ended up being a total disaster - paige really sorted it out and 8 months later have a great style

Margoonyawill Thu 21-Jan-16 20:53:22

Let us know how you get on. Also looking for good hairdresser for short hair!

trevortrevorslatterfry Fri 22-Jan-16 11:24:50

Ooh thanks rose that would actually be more convenient for me than the others. Adding to list!

ouryve Fri 22-Jan-16 11:32:33

Stephen at Saks in Durham. Brilliant, quick, gentle and shares my dislike of fussy bits at the back!

trevortrevorslatterfry Fri 22-Jan-16 11:54:11

thanks ouryve

trevortrevorslatterfry Mon 25-Jan-16 14:24:05

Reporting back to say I am very happy with Gill Garrity! It was Claire who actually cut my hair - I love it.

thanks for the tip!

AdventuresOfADentist Wed 27-Jan-16 13:06:52

Glad you've had success trevor smile

dorothymichaels Fri 29-Jan-16 20:05:06

I was in there today trevor and Gill said she was well impressed to be recommended on mumsnet! Claire is lovely. I'm a regular there, been going for about 15years.

Whosthemummy16 Fri 29-Jan-16 20:14:24

Might be too far but I would recommend So&so hairdressers in Whitley Bay.

trevortrevorslatterfry Mon 01-Feb-16 11:05:34

Thanks whosthe.. how funny dorothy they did seem impressed when I told them they'd been recommended that way smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now