Best non chip nail varnish

(13 Posts)
chumbler Tue 12-Jan-16 10:20:57

I'm fed up of buying lovely colours that chip straight away, does anyone know a good brand? For me, no7 and ysl chip really badly. From what I remember nails inc is OK. Anyone know of a brand that doesn't chip easily?

FighterPilotsThumbs Tue 12-Jan-16 10:23:15

Barry M.

Their polishes have the best formula and are the most chip proof out of all my poliahes, cheapie and high end.

TheGreenTriangle Tue 12-Jan-16 11:09:50

I like Barry M colours too.

But do you use a top coat? I use top coat and that helps whichever brands of polish stay chip-free for longer. ATM I'm using a Rimmel top coat, it's working well, I used it on top of a Chanel colour and it lasted a full 7 days.

babyiwantabump Tue 12-Jan-16 11:12:47

Have you tried shellac or gels ? I got fed up of every brand of nail varnish chipping almost straight away so bought a uv kit off amazon and it's amazing!

nailsathome Tue 12-Jan-16 11:23:27

Vinylux, made by CND who make shellac

biscuitkumquat Tue 12-Jan-16 11:29:31

Probably teaching my granny to suck eggs, but are you using a base & top coat?

I have gel polish now, and it doesn't take any longer than regular polish, but it NEVER chips.

In regular polish, I always found OPI was the best for longevity.

Judydreamsofhorses Tue 12-Jan-16 12:01:04

I think it's all in the application and top/base coats, tbh. I use the Orly Bonder base coat, which gives the nails a rough surface for polish to stick to, and a Jessica topcoat. With these, I can use any coloured polish. Usually I do two or three thin layers and let them dry for five minutes before starting the next coat. Funnily enough, I find YSL are one of the brands that last really well.

chumbler Tue 12-Jan-16 12:22:06

Hmm thanks all. I use no7 base and top coat. Seems like I need to experiment with some different base and tops. I like the sound of the rough base. And leaving them 5 mins between coats, maybe I'm painting too quickly!

champagneplanet Tue 12-Jan-16 12:26:02

Avon nailwear pro is brilliant, no base or top and lasts for days, even doing dishes etc. I have a few colours and they are all the same, they stay shiny too.

LoadsaBlusher Tue 12-Jan-16 18:26:38

Barry M devotee here too.
Especially their Gelly effect polishes .
I do three coats and it is fantastic, long lasting , shiny and great colour range.

safetyzone Tue 12-Jan-16 19:23:47

Second vinylux

chumbler Tue 12-Jan-16 21:42:52

Thanks all, plenty to choose from!

Boleh Tue 12-Jan-16 21:47:08

I'm a huge fan of OPI Infinite Shine range, they definitely last better than any other non-gel polish I've tried and yes, top and base coats from the same range.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now