Am I the only one who finds style blogs both great and depressing at the same time?

(7 Posts)
BentleysMam Mon 11-Jan-16 21:48:23

Great because I love to read them, and depressing because most bloggers seem to have so much money, loads of designer clothes, bags and shoes and live super glam lifestyles.

WipsGlitter Mon 11-Jan-16 21:55:19

I think they only highlight the good not the shitty bits of life. I think the "mummy bloggers" are more warts and all.

MNetter15 Mon 11-Jan-16 22:09:03

My sister's friend has a Facebook style page with a huge following.

She returns a lot of the items and is also given things for free, to promote.

I've known her for a few years and think It's bizarre! She just got lucky I guess confused

louloubelle2 Mon 11-Jan-16 23:29:39

The vast majority are professional bloggers, paid to advertise, so don't own half what they wear. Think of them as you would adverts in a fashion magazine. A lot of the rest want to be professional so but just for the photo then return. Genuine diary bloggers are a rare find.

It is impossible to tell if someone is happy from a photo and completely ridiculous to assume they are because they can afford expensive clothes then take photos of them. I would imagine the happiness ratio is about the same as any other job, these people aren't immune to everyday worries and stress.

homebythesea Mon 11-Jan-16 23:41:50

Not sure which ones you read Bentley - ones I like seem fairly ordinary tbh

Schoolgatestyle, Susiesoso, midlifechic, myfashionableforties, mymidlifefashion

All high street stuff, wearable, fairly ordinary lifestyles

Floisme Tue 12-Jan-16 07:00:57

I don't ready them any more. I got sick of the undeclared PR. At least when I get an email from Johnny Boden I know what his game is.

burnishedsilver Tue 12-Jan-16 08:08:33

It's like Facebook. You just see little snippets that makes it look like everyone has these wonderful, glamorous , exciting lives. It's not real. It's just editing. Everyone has their own problems.

I like fashion blogs. They're superficially entertaining. I don't look for a deeper meaning in them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now