Nice boots for the rain

(9 Posts)
Maplessglobe Mon 11-Jan-16 17:02:54

It's so soggy out.
But I've been a bit down and part of my cheering-myself-up effort is to pull out and wear my nice clothes more. (Since just before Christmas I've been mostly in boyfriend jeans, harem joggers and baggy bf-friendly t-shirts/jumpers). So I'm just accepting I'll get baby vom on things but at least I'll look more stylish.
However, the sight of my wellies every day is depressing me.
So on the days it's not torrential rain, but too wet to wear nice boots, what do you wear?
TIA

LBOCS2 Mon 11-Jan-16 17:23:32

These. I got mine as seconds and they're perfect.

leccybill Mon 11-Jan-16 19:06:55

Don't laugh, but I bought a pair of quilted black wellies from Tesco for £16. Omg they are so comfy and actually look quite smart with jeans. They haven't been off my feet all winter, especially with all this rain.

tethersend Mon 11-Jan-16 19:16:24

These in tan.

I may or may not have just bought a grey pair too <whistles>

Hopefully Mon 11-Jan-16 20:09:05

I have a pair of timberland earthkeeper boots which are totally waterproof, and a pair similar to LBOCS2 from Welligogs, although mine are less stylish and definitely fall into the wellies camp. Also an old pair of Clarks slouchy suede boots which I don't mind getting trashed but are still waterproof.

Maplessglobe Mon 11-Jan-16 21:23:57

Thanks, everyone.
tether, they don't look like they'd be great in the rain- how are they holding up?

tethersend Mon 11-Jan-16 22:43:22

Six years in and they haven't let in a drop!

I just scotchguarded them. They're very thick leather.

I did get rubber soles put on them though- the leather soles are a bit slippery in the rain.

I have these in a very dark brown (not the brown shown on site)http://www.schuh.co.uk/womens/ugg-australia-emalie-black-boots/1482617020/

Not gorgeous but look absolutely fine with jeans and they don't advertise to the world that they are 100% waterproof, stupidly comfy and warm with sheepskin liners! Oh and they're heeled. That's important for me!

Maplessglobe Tue 12-Jan-16 14:54:50

That's great- thanks, everyone. I'll go off and have a think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now