Best skin products for sensitive skin please

(10 Posts)
SpendSpendSpend Sun 10-Jan-16 22:03:52

Hello

I ve used Olay skin products for afew years and had the occasional spots etc. I ve switched to Clinique range about 8 weeks ago and i keep getting very sore angry looking spots on my face.

I ve tried Body Shop Aloe Vera and vitamin E range and they both bring me out in spots.

Has anyone got any recommendations please?

Pupsiecola Sun 10-Jan-16 22:29:21

La Roche Posay.

LakeFlyPie Mon 11-Jan-16 00:38:03

Cetaphil (cleanser and moisturiser)

Babymamamama Mon 11-Jan-16 00:57:21

Aveeno

TrulyTrulyTrulyOutrageous Mon 11-Jan-16 01:30:25

Cetaphil also - my dermatologist said to only use it. I also have their moisturiser.

Paula's choice have a good range and her site has good info about which products are worthless and various skin concerns etc. I have 2 of her products which I really like but I tend to go back to cetaphil.

Millionprammiles Mon 11-Jan-16 08:59:03

It really depends what sort of skin you have - is it prone to dryness? Itchy/eczema? Rosacea? Or does it have oily patches prone to spots?
A lot of sensitive skin products are for very dry skin so might not suit your skin if its prone to oiliness at all?

In general I've found using cleanser/damp cotton wool better than soap/facial wash and water. And using a cream overnight exfoliator (Clinique do one) rather than a scrub that you wash off. Generally I've found water very drying and an irritant.

Eucerin have a range of products, I've used some and would recommend, they have a website I think where you can search depending on your skin type.

Indecisivejo Mon 11-Jan-16 11:29:41

Why don't u just stick to olay if that was ok for ur skin?

stoopstofolly Mon 11-Jan-16 13:02:30

Liz Earle hit cloth cleanser and sensitive moisturiser works really well for me

ARightOldPickle Mon 11-Jan-16 18:54:30

It depends on what makes your skin react?
My skin is sensitive and I've known for a long time that lanolin upsets it, but I've more recently found that petrochemical stuff also sets it off (mineral oil, paraffin wax/oil etc) so Cetaphil would be no good for me as it contains petrolatum.
Always did wonder why Vaseline made my lips worse ...

WickedWax Mon 11-Jan-16 19:09:20

It's a case of trial and error. Unfortunately what works for one person will not for another.

I have oily, sensitive, acne prone skin.

La Roche Posay made it 10 times worse, I followed advice on here to persevere but gave up after a few months when my skin was so bad it was actually making me depressed. Liz Earle was ok for me. Pixi was alright but a bit overhyped.

I'm currently using Cetaphil cleanser, Bravura Calendula toner and a Ren moisturiser.

Definitely the biggest improvement in my skin was when I started using an acid toner.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now