How do I tackle my hairy hair legs?

(5 Posts)
BumpPower Sun 10-Jan-16 21:02:48

I have pgp and am in a lot of pain. Weirdly this has reduced my overall pain threshold and I wimply stopped epilating my legs back in July. They are now proper hairy. I have to do something; I'd love be all cool and natural with it but I'm not, I couldn't wear shorts, skirts or even tights without having man like hairy legs. Of course I know I could just shave or cream them bit that seems a shame as they'd be stubbly again in a day and so builds a cycle. Would getting them waxed be better? Can I do that whilst v pregnant? Is laser stuff an option?

GrinAndTonic Sun 10-Jan-16 22:43:47

You can wax. However if your pain tolerance has decreased do you really want the hairs ripped out? Laser is expensive and can sting a bit.

BumpPower Mon 11-Jan-16 11:11:53

I'm thinking that if I get them waxed by someone else (beautician not man at bus stop) I will be less inclined to wimp out that epilating myself. I wonder if some of the issue is I no longer drink - was much easier to epilate after a few beers!

WickedWax Mon 11-Jan-16 12:06:56

I wax pregnant women, bring pregnant doesn't prevent you from being waxed.

However there's no getting away from the fact that you're having body hair pulled out from the follicles, so it's going to be ouchy.

But a least if you're waxed by a beautician it's over with in 20 minutes or so.

Chewbecca Mon 11-Jan-16 12:09:14

I find waxing much easier than epilating.

Not so much that it hurts less, more that someone else is doing it, with epilating my hand jerks back and so it lasts ages, with waxing I just grit my teeth and lay back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now