shampoo advice please

(12 Posts)
Pepperpot99 Sun 10-Jan-16 15:07:08

My 14 year old dd has very thin and weak , wavy hair. Because of ongoing issues with dry skin and eczema she also suffers from a dry scalp and we are looking for good shampoo recommendations. I don't mind the cost. We tried using Aussie conditioner after shampooing but it gave her horrible blisters on her neck and throat sad which cleared up once we'd stopped using it.
The usial head and shoulders is far too harsh so any advice gladly welcomed
thanks in advance smile

Indecisivejo Sun 10-Jan-16 16:55:20

Try the body shop ginger shampoo followed by their banana conditioner.

NattyGolfJerkin Sun 10-Jan-16 17:14:06

Anything SLS & silicone free. Gentle.

The gold L'Oreal tubes - EverRiche
The little, squat bottles, OGX, I think these
More ££ but very gentle are the Pureology shampoos and conditioners.

KatharinaRosalie Sun 10-Jan-16 17:16:16

this one is specifically for sensitive scalp and dry hair www.lookfantastic.com/kerastase-dermo-calm-duo-for-dry/sensitive-hair/10811008.html

Pancakeflipper Sun 10-Jan-16 17:23:48

I have a very sensitive scalp. Tried so many - got half bottles hidden in the bathroom cupboard. Tried some really expensive stuff

For the last couple of years been using Happy Hair Days shampoo. No parabens or SLS.
The conditioner is also ok for me.
And it's not expensive.

I hope she finds something suitable for her. It is trail and error and horrible.

Indecisivejo Sun 10-Jan-16 18:46:48

I've tried all of those others mentioned and they all irritated the hell out of my sensitive itchy dry scalp! (I'm the one who suggested the body shop stuff btw)

Pepperpot99 Sun 10-Jan-16 19:37:35

Thanks a lot everyone smile

GeorgieB89 Sun 10-Jan-16 21:33:06

Philip Kinglsey may be worth a look, too. As he's a trichologist, his formulations may be more gentle/effective, especially for a problem scalp.
Once the flaky scalp/eczema is under control, I found Phylia de M good for thinning hair. It's very expensive but it made a difference. Finally, the cure-all, coconut oil may help ease the itchiness, although I'm sure you've already travelled the long road of oils/emollients.

ChrissieLatham Sun 10-Jan-16 22:29:43

Oilatum shampoo is good for dry sensitive scalps

Babytalkobsession Sun 10-Jan-16 22:33:39

Holland and Barrett do a range by Dr Organic that ifind very good. No parabens etc in them and not bad price wise when they do their Penny Sale event

JT05 Mon 11-Jan-16 00:21:23

Faith in Nature range is very good for sensitive scalps and thinning hair. It is organic and can be found in health shops.

Pepperpot99 Mon 11-Jan-16 07:55:03

many thanks all xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now