what to wear with grey chinos?

(4 Posts)
dudsville Sun 10-Jan-16 13:18:55

Are they still called chinos?

Mine are fitted rather than baggy, with smooth rather than pleated pockets, and I can either wear them down to my ankle or with a fold up. They fit me well and are comfortable but I don't know how to wear them so whenever I try them (in the morning rush to work) I end up taking them off. Usually the outfit I change them for goes well with skinny cords.

It's raining here so I have time to give my wardrobe some thought. So, how do I dress chinos? And is pinterest always safe? I had a look there but didn't know how I would be able to tell old photos from new!

mummington7 Sun 10-Jan-16 13:53:46

I would put them with a classic fitted shirt, black or white and let the trousers be the statement. Alternatively, a plain white top or vest with a short cardi or jacket. A different shade of grey could work eg polo neck esp. in a contrasting fabric e.g wool, fine knit. A pair of clumpy leather brogues with fold up. I think shades of grey look amazing with chunky silver jewellery. Hope this helps sorry no pics!

Mominatrix Sun 10-Jan-16 14:14:18

How about a chunky polo neck in white or black with mid heel shoes r loafer/brogues?

Or, a white button down with a bright pink jumper on top, black brogues

Or, a white/cream collarless silk shirt with a "shrunken" (cropped, or smaller proportioned) blazer on top, midi heels

dudsville Sun 10-Jan-16 19:29:38

Ok, not only are those very helpful ideas but I actually own some of the suggestions - woohoo! I just wasn't pairing the right things together. Whenever I'd put them on I was making myself look ... somehow exceptionally boring and yet quite 80's at the same time. Thank you both!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now