Chanel

(9 Posts)
hollyisalovelyname Sun 10-Jan-16 10:52:10

Are there different prices for Chanel bags in Chanel shops in different countries ?
Would a 2.55 be cheaper in Chanel New York than Chanel London?
Would a bag be cheaper in Chanel Paris than Chanel Dubai.
I've a big birthday this year and was hoping to get a Chanel bag ( not 2.55 as far too expensive) for my birthday from my family.
Just wondering if there are price differentials.
Thanks in advance.

FrustratedFrugal Sun 10-Jan-16 11:07:09

VAT differs by country. If you buy duty free, the duty free import limit varies by country but is usually really low (about a 10th of a Chanel purse) - so if you declare it, you'll have to pay the difference (about 20-25% of the original purchase price depending on where you live).

hollyisalovelyname Sun 10-Jan-16 11:35:17

Thanks Frugal
If buying in EU ( so no import duty) where is cheaper?
Which EU country has the lowest tax rate on luxury goods ?

Larastheme Sun 10-Jan-16 12:22:40

Are an EU residence?

Chanel unified all prices all over Europe last year, a couple of years ago the medium flap was much cheaper in euro countries than UK, I think Uk duties are around %15 , higher than france, which is 12-13 %
Which bag do you have in mind?

mowglik Sun 10-Jan-16 13:00:35

I have read that the cheapest place to get Chanel is Heathrow duty free - no idea if it's true or not, but from memory it's about 15-20% cheaper. I was looking at a woc bag and it was priced at £1050 vs around £1250-1300 as listed on Chanel online.

Still waiting for a flight to take me through terminal 3 though which is where the Chanel boutique is!

If you or anyone else is travelling through terminal 3 it's worth calling and asking prices for the model you are after

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Sun 10-Jan-16 13:10:37

www.bragmybag.com/chanel-bags-prices/ gives up to date bag prices in each country, so you could try to compare in £ and add sales taxes.

NewYearNewName16 Sun 10-Jan-16 17:02:29

www.chanelprices.com/

This is a great source of information. It gives you prices per model/ country but also lets you search for cheapest location in world to buy from. It's Korea atm though confused

I have purchased chanel (shoes, jackets etc. but not bags) from Heathrow before. Limited selection but very nice staff.

I cannot believe the medium/large is 3,075 pounds stirling now! I bought mine 16 years ago for 650 pounds!

Madbengalmum Sun 10-Jan-16 17:09:24

Chanel heathrow does not sell classic bags any more.
A few years ago i managed to get a 2.55 for £2250 instead of £2750 at the time duty free, but sadly this is now not available in duty free.

The only bags you will get at heathrow are the seasonal ones, which are good prices if you have your eye on one. No classics ie 2.55, GST etc. Sorry.

Also, you will find the prices in the UAE more money, but generally chanel are petty good at making their prices the same worldwide, you may find them a slight bit cheaper but not alot.

Also, if you do not declare and you get stopped at customs you will be liable for a big hit of vat on top of what you paid.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 10-Jan-16 18:51:05

Thank you for your replies.
Most helpful. Sadly in western Europe and no chance of going to South Korea smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now