Please help this country bumpkin fit in the big city.

(4 Posts)
Ningnang2000 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:57:24

Need some styling advice. I'm heading to London and need to look half decent. My usual work wear involves boots and jeans but I need to smarten up.

I've bought a pair of tapered black trousers from marks but I have no idea what to wear on my big clodhoppers feet (size 8). I'm think ankle boots or loafers. Plus what do I wear up top? I'm size 18 and tall 5ft 9in so need the top to cover my tummy.

I usually wear water proof jacket to work but bought this red coat at Christmas for a winter wedding.

www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_61132+457984BEE_-1

But what scarf if any and I also need a new bag. Oh please help me. I have no idea.

Nice coat. There are some gorgeous scarves around - Accessorize had some nice checked ones in the sale today.

Yes to ankle boots.

Grey turtle neck maybe, with the black trousers? Depends what you're doing and what the weather is likely to be like tbh.

Ningnang2000 Sat 09-Jan-16 23:58:03

Thanks. I didn't think about blanket scarfs.

Saw this m.houseoffraser.co.uk/Linea+Picnic+Wide+Check+Cashmink/219625314,default,pd.html

Comes in a various colours.

I might just stick to my old favorite Boden ottoman shift dress and a pair of ankle boots.

Fashion is too stressful.

Nettletheelf Sun 10-Jan-16 00:08:07

Great coat. How about a long silk tank (you can often get them with a jersey back) with a shorter jacket (not black to match the trousers, go for grey or tweed with a round neck or a princess collar) over the top? Good tum disguise.

Yes to the ankle boots, with a small heel. Plain flat boots can make your feet look bigger and clumpy. I am also the owner of size 8s so I speak from knowledge.

Bag: look in Karen Millen. They usually get bags right.

I'm not a fan of blanket scarves personally, but you are at least tall enough to carry one off! I'd choose plain grey or navy with a red coat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now