5'7" ladies - what's your clothing size?

(58 Posts)
friedafilmer Sat 09-Jan-16 08:39:05

Do you think you're slim/average/big?

Where do you buy your clothes?

Moving15 Sat 09-Jan-16 08:41:45

I'm size 8. I find it tricky to get skirts and dresses that are Long enough and the same for trousers. I shop all over the place as I work near Oxford St in London. I try everything on!

Haahooooo Sat 09-Jan-16 08:44:40

I'm a 14. I need to lose about a stone though does two years on still count as baby weight? . My usual size is 12...

Haahooooo Sat 09-Jan-16 08:45:26

Oh and I like Oasis and Topshop for clothes.

RoganJosh Sat 09-Jan-16 08:46:44

I'm a 12. I like Zara and H&m with the odd bit from Debenhans and Boden. I think I'm fine.

FrustratedFrugal Sat 09-Jan-16 08:51:36

I'm a perfect EUR 38 / IT 44 / French 40. In the UK it is unpredictable, everything between 8 and 12, S to L.

It depends on your shape. I have long legs but I carry my weight on my belly (29" jeans). My jean inseam length is 33", many high street brands are an inch too short. Higher end jeans (on sale) fit me well, and H&M has started offering 34" jeans too.

lavendersun Sat 09-Jan-16 08:52:56

5'7- 5'8 here depending on who measures me.

10-12 - which is 'normal' for me, haven't really thought about anything else.

I buy jeans from Esprit, shirts/tops from Jigsaw, sometimes Hobbs but am finding their clothes shorter than they used to be, Jaegar Outlet, have a Didriksons coat and Gloverall Duffle which are long enough in the sleeves. Wool overs for knits (they have garment specific measurement charts which help deciding on length). Odd White Stuff item and I make my own clothes when I have time.

I often size up to get sleeve length.

I am not really into shopping, buy a few things and then wear them out/to death and am then completely lost when I need something new because things have changed such a lot, even though I don't do 'fashion'.

Doublebubblebubble Sat 09-Jan-16 08:54:48

I'm normally a 10-small 12. I went up to a 16 for last dc (10lb bloody 1!! Delivered by emcs) but I'm slowly getting MY body back smile 9 months on 18 years off... That's right isn't it lol x

lavendersun Sat 09-Jan-16 08:55:02

Oh yes, forgot, definite pear shape here.

Doublebubblebubble Sat 09-Jan-16 08:55:58

Oh and I buy pretty much everything from h&m and the occasional bits from Zara x

Doublebubblebubble Sat 09-Jan-16 08:57:03

I'm hour glass - always have been x

MizK Sat 09-Jan-16 09:00:12

Size 12, usually a 10 in summer when I make an effort to slim down. At a 10 i look reasonably slim but at a 12 I definitely look curvy -my boobs are big and now that I've finally got a regular work out routine it's improved my body everywhere but has given me really sturdy thighs hmm
I shop in New Look, Topshop and Warehouse and find a 32 trouser length perfect.

TheCatsMeow Sat 09-Jan-16 09:02:09

I'm a size 8-10. I get told I look skinny but I don't see myself as that small just slim normal.

snowypenguin Sat 09-Jan-16 09:11:23

10-12 depending on what I buy.

TweeterandtheMonkeyman Sat 09-Jan-16 09:16:46

I'm a 12, M in Zara & buy Size 10 in M&S . I think I'm more or less the right size for my height. The biggest I've been was 14 and I was a stone overweight at that time according to my bmi. The smallest I've been was a 10 but my face looked a bit bony.!

justasecond Sat 09-Jan-16 11:26:14

I'm a 8-10 and 28 in jeans. Long legs here too but I prefer the ankle grazer length these days so I can get standard length.
Most of my clothes are from Cos, Whistles, Massimo Dutti and tkmaxx for jeans.
I don't think I'm that slim but people think I am as I have a narrow frame with slopey shoulders

CorBlimeyTrousers Sat 09-Jan-16 11:33:44

Well I'll buck the slim trend then! I'm a size 18/20. Would like to be smaller. Smallest I've ever been was a 10/12 but I'm not sure that's realistic or sustainable for me. I'd like to be a size 14 I suppose.

I buy mainly high street clothes - Debenhams, Monsoon, M&S. I have recently ordered some tops from Jaeger in the sale.

DavetheCat2001 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:08:54

I'm a size 8. I buy my jeans from French Connection and also have pairs from Mint Velvet and Paige.

I have quite a few tops from Mint Velvet as well.

I also get second hand bits from eBay. I bought a really lovely 360 cashmere sweater recently, brand new and at about a third of the price you'd buy it elsewhere smile

Cellardoor1 Sat 09-Jan-16 21:22:58

I'm a size 8UK, 2-4 U.S., jeans 26 or 27. I think most of my length must be in my body because 30 inch leg skinny jeans are fine on me. I prefer them to sit just above my ankle.

I live in the U.S. and buy most of my clothes from banana republic or outlets like saks off 5th, Nordstrom rack and theoutnet.com. I try to find designer bargains as I find they look better and last longer than high street stuff.

CointreauVersial Sat 09-Jan-16 21:31:58

I'm either a 10 or a 12, depending on the store. A couple of years ago I was definitely a 10 but a few pounds have crept on....

CointreauVersial Sat 09-Jan-16 21:32:50

And I think I'm fairly slim, but with a bit more padding than I'd like.

FLAMBOLA Sat 09-Jan-16 23:45:08

I'm 5'8 and 14-16 at the mo (2 pregnancies in 2 years!) And I would say I'm fat. I shop at h&m, New Look, Primark. But on a ban from buying clothes until I lose the weight and get back to my normal 10-12 and can spend on better quality stuff.

GarlicBake Sun 10-Jan-16 00:44:11

Oh, you're all slim except one! <holds hands with Cor. Together we could flatten this lot wink>

5'7½" and size 18/20. I'm only a stone over healthy BMI, and as we all know a stone isn't that much for us. But, yeah, I'm fat. I've got Elderly Waist Bloat so, where I used to be an athletic V shape I'm now one of the fruits - a melon shape, I think.

In real sizes, I'm actually a 22/24. But, since nobody makes real-sized clothes at this end of the market, I'm happy to say 18/20.

My settled weight before my health conked out was 63kg and a (real) size 12. I could get down to a 10 at 58kg but it was agony so I didn't bother.

I weighed 40-47kg when I had anorexia. I wore a (real) size 8-10.

GarlicBake Sun 10-Jan-16 00:54:09

"Where do you buy your clothes?"

Dorothy Perkins tall size 20 is brilliant for me, or sometimes the 18.

I buy a lot from Jumping Ships because they're made in Britain from good British fabrics and are 'tall' enough - but their sizing's utterly random, so I have stuff ranging from a 14 to a 20!

Wallis can be good. Their sizes are so huge, I'm sometimes a 14 there.
Hobbs also good, especially for trousers I find.

I'm on the verge of starting to make my own clothes again smile

friedafilmer Sun 10-Jan-16 01:30:53

GarlicBake - I will hold hands with you too. Almost 5'8" (5'7 3/4) and size 16. I was deluding myself that I'm a 14, but I think I'm closer to 16 now on top. Six months ago, and 9kg lower, I was a 14 on top, 12 bottom.

And I can so relate to what you said about a stone being not so much. My friends give me incredulous look when I tell them how much I weigh! They don't make the connection that I'm so much taller than them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now