Phillips Lumea and breastfeeding

(10 Posts)
NotSoFancyNancy Thu 07-Jan-16 19:46:25

Dc3 is a few weeks old and desperate to remove facial hair eventually!
Has anyone used while breastfeeding? I know instructions say not to while breastfeeding. Does anyone know why?

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Thu 07-Jan-16 22:01:22

I think your skin can be more sensitive, but not sure.
I've used mine while BFing (albeit a toddler not a baby) and had no problems.

NotSoFancyNancy Thu 07-Jan-16 23:38:19

Thanks that makes sense. Will leave a little while( but not too long). I intend to feed for at least a year.

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Fri 08-Jan-16 07:23:13

I wouldn't worry about leaving it too long, give it a couple of months and test out on a small area, maybe. Or if probably use it right away if I wanted to, as I'm sure all this stuff not recommend d while BFing is just where the companies want to cover themselves as can't test its safety.

NotSoFancyNancy Fri 08-Jan-16 09:02:27

You're probably right 2LittleMonkey. I would understand not using if chemicals etc involved. Just to find the time now!
Did it work well for you?

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Fri 08-Jan-16 16:41:11

I'm rubbish at keeping up the zapping, which you really need to do, it seems, so keep having to start over. The legs were too big an area for me, too.

2LittleMonkeysJumpingOnMyHead Fri 08-Jan-16 16:41:35

But yes, it worked!

HeadDreamer Fri 08-Jan-16 16:43:16

I have used it while breastfeeding both of mine. I can't imagine what would the problem be. It's just a very strong and bright light isn't it?

I bought it when bf my first. I found that it took a lot longer than the manual said to get results. I googled and there's something about strong hair growth while pregnant and breastfeeding?

HeadDreamer Fri 08-Jan-16 16:44:06

But eventually it did work. I now go for months before needing to zap.

NotSoFancyNancy Fri 08-Jan-16 17:25:38

Great. Definitely string hair growth after 3 kids! Need to get rid of beard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now