Broad shoulders, small breast: what style top?

(12 Posts)
Methenyouplus4 Wed 06-Jan-16 23:08:30

So I don't look like a wrestler? Generally wear a v-neck but as I have zero chest, I find that V-necks tend to go really low which flash too much flesh (though not clevege). Links to actual tops or celebs wearing particular styles would be great as rubbish at imaging / visualising based on descriptions. Thank you in advance!

Methenyouplus4 Wed 06-Jan-16 23:09:44

Breasts- plural. They are small but if you look close enough there are two!blush

CreviceImp Wed 06-Jan-16 23:29:06

Boat neck or large cowl

friedafilmer Thu 07-Jan-16 08:13:41

This is me. I have recently found out that high necklines work. V-necks make me look like a boy.

Debra Messing on Will and Grace used to wear a lot of halter tops. She also has thin arms, so when I wear halter tops I cover my arms with cardigan.

MargaretHarborough Thu 07-Jan-16 11:16:13

I'm the same. Boatnecks, definitely. And if you have a reasonably long neck, polo necks when it's cold.

Mincedpie Thu 07-Jan-16 13:04:34

Definitely ditch the v necks, its high necks all the way, cowl, polo, round, crew. Or you could wear your v neck but with a high round neck underneath or a shirt.

I have a similar build by the way and remember the Trinny and Susannah rules well smile.

CuttedUpPear Thu 07-Jan-16 13:07:13

Halter tops look terrible on this kind of shape, ditto strapless.

I have found that square, scooped and sweetheart necklines are the most flattering for me - I have the same shape ss you OP.

SophieLion Thu 07-Jan-16 16:50:50

I am the same as you OP - broad shoulders with quite prominent collar bones and very small breasts. Think my chest is a bit boney too.

I don't like halter necks as think they make my shoulders look even bigger because of the angle of the cut of the top (the bit from neck to armpit). Boat necks can also make my shoulders look bigger I think because they draw the eye across...

It's hard! I do wear v necks but often with a vest top underneath (so the round bit of the best shows in the V).

I do wear strapless on special occasions but nothing super tight and either wear with a nice necklace or big earrings

WellTidy Thu 07-Jan-16 16:53:34

Boat, crew or slash neck. I am a similar shape. I can't wear cowls (I look hollow), v neck or scoop neck for the reasons you give, and I look like a chilld in polo neck tops.

I have a new top with a slash neck that I love. I can't link, but if you search on m and s petite, it is 22.50 I think and it is navy and cream horizontal stripe. They do it in red and cream too. It comes up on the big side.

Decorhate Thu 07-Jan-16 17:21:49

This is the sort of top I find suits me best.

www.marksandspencer.com/double-layer-vest-top/p/p22421094

CreviceImp Thu 07-Jan-16 17:31:11

this would work well for a jumper.

The chunky roll neck slims the shoulders down due to it's width and draws the eye up from the norks. I am having a Jaeger obsession at the moment so excuse the link but this is similar to the Boden off duty jumper which is of the same design and would also work.

WellTidy Thu 07-Jan-16 17:37:38

With no chest, I would find that Jaeger jumper would just make me look as flat as an ironing board.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now