Do it yourself keratin straightening?

(5 Posts)
thegreenhen Tue 05-Jan-16 22:54:14

Anyone used the kits from Amazon?

What sort of result did you have?

I have really coarse, shoulder length hair. I had it chemically straightened in a salon a few years ago and it simply didn't work.

Wondered if these kits are worth a try.

splodgeness Mon 11-Jan-16 16:39:34

Yes they are good. Do a search, there a hundreds of threads on this which should help.

thegreenhen Wed 13-Jan-16 11:36:53

Thanks

AgathaF Wed 13-Jan-16 14:08:01

Yes, I've used them a few times. Not a great deal of fun to do, and not washing my hair for three days was horrible, but it worked well most times and lasted around 7 - 8 weeks. I've not used them for ages though, just because they are very time consuming to do, and it's quite hard to find salt-free shampoo and conditioner to use after now.

Derbyday Wed 13-Jan-16 20:21:07

I did a DIY kit from Amazon (the one raved about on MN) and it was bloody amazing. Had to have help with the process but the result was fab. I would run to work, have a shower and blast my washed hair with a hand dryer and it would be perfectly straight and smooth. Lasted a good 3 months or so before wearing off.

I have also had a salon keratin treatment and the result was nowhere near as good despite costing 5x more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now