Help, I need a fab dress

(9 Posts)
ginmakesitallok Tue 05-Jan-16 12:41:43

April wedding, very stylish and beautiful bridal party.

Me- not so stylish! Age 41, Size 18 - 20, 5ft 9, ok legs (though would want too much above knee), tummy is worst area.

Have been searching - loads of nice black stuff, but don't want to wear black.

Budget - under £150

Want my girls to be proud of their mum!

Please help!

Pantsalive Tue 05-Jan-16 13:00:22

I'd wait a couple of weeks before you start looking, then the shops will have got rid of most of the winterwear and leftover sales stuff and you'll start seeing lovely spring things.

Pantsalive Fri 22-Jan-16 12:39:58

Hi gin
Sorry, I didn't mean to kill your thread!
What sort of shape and colours do you normally wear?
This dress is currently an absolute bargain the the Phase Eight sale and would seem to fit the bill.

Itscurtainsforyou Fri 22-Jan-16 22:56:26

I agree with pants on both points (I'm the same size as you OP).

I would wait until spring wear comes out, so that you can find a current colour/style (I would also be careful about choosing a colour that looks great rather than one that's in fashion).

I would also go for phase 8, usually some good wedding-type outfits in there.

BendyBusBuggy Fri 22-Jan-16 23:06:36

How about is? dress

BendyBusBuggy Fri 22-Jan-16 23:07:23

If you click on the image of the dress you can see what it looks like worn

BendyBusBuggy Fri 22-Jan-16 23:08:49

Or this sleeveless

bchvrs Fri 22-Jan-16 23:20:09

In regards to online shopping, my first port of call when I ever need anything is always Asos. Such a huge range of clothing + styles, I really feel like they cater to all ages, occasions, budgets etc. Have both high street options + higher end brands, really good source of inspiration. As mentioned above, would possibly wait a few weeks til more Spring stock is available but there is no harm in looking + trying items now. Free delivery means order what you like, try some things out then send whatever doesn't work for you back! Always been a great option for me.

As for dress shapes + colours, how bright do you like to go? I am picturing pink or red, maybe floral, something tighter at the waist that flows over the tummy? You want to feel comfortable of course.

If you like patterned I would have a look at Ted Baker if you haven't already. Always relate them to beautiful spring + summer florals + colours.

Hope that helps!!!

bchvrs Fri 22-Jan-16 23:21:27

Just realised I said free delivery instead of free returns. Oops!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now