Does anyone get electrolysis these days?

(6 Posts)
Cerseirys Mon 04-Jan-16 20:36:28

I have about 4 or 5 stubborn hairs on my chin that I have to pluck every couple of weeks. They are quite thick and dark unlike the rest of the hair on my face. I was wondering if electrolysis would be the best solution? There aren't really enough hairs for IPL or laser hair removal.

Wolpertinger Mon 04-Jan-16 22:01:50

Yep me! But I had loads of hairs. They were spread out so were expensive to get rid of with salon laser and were just coming back too pale to be picked up by the laser.

I go for 15 minutes about every 3 weeks - down from 30 minutes weekly a year ago for comparison, I have a lot of hormonally driven hair growth. Will prob get down to less soon but doubt will get down to nothing as hormones keep triggering new ones.

Bottom line is it does work but it's unpredictable - I've got hairs that have gone immediately with one treatment and hairs that have been treeated every single time that are still growing. But for me it's been better than the laser was - and I'm a big fan of laser for legs and under arms where I've had great results but for face it just didn't work for me.

Cerseirys Tue 05-Jan-16 10:40:22

Ah, I didn't realise you had to keep having sessions for a year. I thought one zap and the hair would be gone!

Wolpertinger Tue 05-Jan-16 12:33:57

It varies on the hair. The hair has to be in the right phase and you can't tell by looking at it - if it's just coming through you might be lucky, but then again you might not. Plus once you've got the hormones to make hairs, even though you've got rid of the target hairs, some new ones will probably pop up. So for some hairs it'll be one zap, for others, may may zaps later...

In fairness, that applies to laser and IPL as well though.

MatildaTheCat Tue 05-Jan-16 13:53:54

Yes, for exactly the same problem though I am fair. It started working immediately and after a year I am down to sessions every couple of months. Need to go, in fact!

It does help. It also hurts but hey ho. I'm glad to be rid of the blighters.

Cerseirys Tue 05-Jan-16 13:59:11

Its got to the stage where these hairs only take a week to come through after plucking them and they create an unsightly bump in the few days before. Hate them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now