Bobbi Brown Brightening Brick

(11 Posts)
PollyPerky Sat 02-Jan-16 16:08:02

Any comments?
Is it very shimmery?
I am too old for shimmery but fancy something that gives a bit of an oomph and is not just plain old blusher. I am also very pale so can't use anything that makes me look like a clown.

boodles Sat 02-Jan-16 19:20:27

Max factor creme puff powder blush in nude mauve is gorgeous and a lot cheaper. Not sparkly but gives cheeks a little oomph.

Rainbowglow Sat 02-Jan-16 21:00:59

I do like BB Shimmer Brick. Pink Quartz is a good one to try if you are very pale. Personally I think its worth the money but Revlon ( I think) does a similar and cheaper product but not tried it. The secret is a light touch. Go to BB counter and get them to put some on so you can try before you buy.

AuntieMaggie Sat 02-Jan-16 21:06:02

I second going to a counter and trying it... I haven't tried the brightening brick but have a couple of shimmer bricks and love them. I'd add a word of caution about cheaper versions... make sure you try them properly before buying - I bought a cheaper one to take on holiday with me and only tried it on my hand and when I used it on my face it was so shiny I looked like a christmas bauble!

PollyPerky Mon 04-Jan-16 10:00:27

Just resurrecting this...

any more opinions?

The online reviews of the Brightening Brick say too sparkly so that's def out.

I am not sure what I'm looking for...

I se B Brown blushers in pale peach and nude peach and love them but wanted something that might give a slightly soft-focus sheen.....

prettygreen Mon 04-Jan-16 10:20:32

I use a Chanel Les Beiges powder - the stripy one, not the one-colour version. I love it but am not sure if they only have them in the summer. I'm a pale redhead and it works great for me. What about pale bronzers?

PhoenixRises Mon 04-Jan-16 10:24:09

Bobbi Brown bronzer.

I'm really pale (alabaster/porcelain in BB colours) and it takes away the flatness and gives me a nice dewy glow without looking shiny or sweaty (which I can with other blushers). You can layer it up too if you want.

I wasn't sure, but got the counter staff to "do" me so I could see; I then went back at the end of the day and bought it.

PollyPerky Mon 04-Jan-16 11:04:25

Thanks

I've ordered the shimmer brick online and they do a full refund if you don't like it- so thought better than trying on in store.

which shade bronzer did you get Phoenix? I'm the same colouring.

PhoenixRises Mon 04-Jan-16 12:00:06

1 Golden Light Bronzing Powder is the colour they matched me with. I usually bung it on with a very large brush (cheap version of her Face Brush) and then I occasionally add a bit extra with a blusher brush.

PollyPerky Mon 04-Jan-16 12:35:15

thanks smile

rookiemere Mon 04-Jan-16 21:37:13

If you're looking for something subtle the Brightening finishing powder in nude is subtle but gives a lovely sheen, it's pricey so I'd love a cheaper alternative but haven't found one yet.
I also have pale skin and it works well on me, just gives a bit of a glow but not glittery or shiny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now