Hair colour help

(6 Posts)
onebusymum Fri 01-Jan-16 20:08:46

I have my hair dyed at the hairdresser, usually a couple of different foil colours. Last time I went darker, not sure what my natural hair colour is these days, prob light brown with grey!! I want to go back to my natural colour. I was thinking of a home dye as the hairdressers every 8 weeks is getting expensive.
Any ideas what make or colour I should go for?

FlatOnTheHill Fri 01-Jan-16 21:40:14

What is your skin tone? Hair colour has to work with that

dementedpixie Fri 01-Jan-16 21:42:05

A home dye won't lighten coloured hair so you would have to strip the darker colour out first

onebusymum Fri 01-Jan-16 21:52:39

Ive probably got a medium skin tone, (tans eventually)

I dont want to lighten it, I want it darker more to my natural colour, which I would say is probably brown

FlatOnTheHill Sat 02-Jan-16 10:19:44

You need to go to a salon to discuss this with colourist.
I would say dont do home dye. You will end up spending more getting it corrected professionally

neonshine Sat 02-Jan-16 10:37:18

I've been having my hair highlighted for ages and it got the stage where it was more of a block colour, too blonde and quite damaged.

Yesterday I used a Loreal Excellence Creme in Blonde No. 7 and my hair is now quite dark brown. There is a very, very slight touch of red/auburn to it in the sun but I prefer that to an ash brown.

When I'm unsure of which colour to choose between two, I always choose the lighter, neutral shade.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now