Help! What can I do about my hair??

(5 Posts)
clary Fri 01-Jan-16 15:26:33

I am fed up with it looking like a haystack. Or worse.

It is pretty straight, all the same length in a bob above my shoulders
This kind of thing tho I don't look much like Sandra B really...

I have been dyeing it for about 6-7 years, at first highlights at the hairdresser's, then home dyeing with a semi perm, lately have been using a permanent dye eg Vidal Sassoon, just in dark brown, closest to my real shade. Basically to cover increasing grey.

I swim 3-4 times a week which I am sure doesn't help either.

Really I want my lovely shiny hair back. When I was younger (I am 51) it was glossy and thick and lovely. Not that long ago either. Now at best it looks dry, is knotty, the ends are like straw, a bit bleached out sad Is there a better hairstyle?

I am not about to stop swimming but is there something I could put on to help before or after a swim? Would highlights be better than dyeing at home? I also don't want to spend ages doing it every morning so tend not to blow dry it but I could have a go if it would look better.

Any ideas? Sorry for long post!

Rainbowglow Fri 01-Jan-16 16:08:50

Philip Kingsley has a product called something like Swimcap which protects your hair. I also love Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I buy it in a litre bottle size. You have to use it regularly and be generous. It has transformed my hair.

MuttonCadet Fri 01-Jan-16 16:16:00

Get thee to a hairdresser, with a great reputation.

I had a bad dye job, and my hairdresser transformed my hair using none silicone shampoo and conditioner and hair oil. Never been thicker or glossier.

slug Fri 01-Jan-16 17:34:58

This is a good place to start

clary Sat 02-Jan-16 15:56:09

Thanks ladies will try the swim stuff, looks good smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now