Trends for SS16.

(17 Posts)
herecomesthsun Fri 01-Jan-16 07:42:02

Slips as outerwear anyone?

Cold shoulder tops?

What should we be targeting in the sales as really useful for the months ahead?

herecomesthsun Fri 01-Jan-16 12:38:54

post-normal apparently.

BrendaandEddie Fri 01-Jan-16 13:06:22

i am not buying more. summer last year was all of 8 weeks. Most of which you are at home or on holiday wearing shorts etc

I have BAGS of summer stuff i never wear

herecomesthsun Fri 01-Jan-16 14:06:13

I am not thinking of string bikinis or see through kaftans but What Is Going To Be In Next.

Apparently culottes are still in (good I like those) and really big long jumpers according to Jess from the Guardian

Those cold shoulder tops look really awful on most normally sized/shaped people.

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 01-Jan-16 16:23:34

cropped flares apparently. Because they are such a flattering and easy to wear item [hmmm]

MrsCampbellBlack Fri 01-Jan-16 16:24:10

I agree re cold shoulder tops - and who can be arsed with strapless bras.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 01-Jan-16 16:29:12

My eyes that photo shock

The two piece leather trouser suit in baby poo mustard ............finds room in wardrobe <<not>>

I will maybe buy a soft jacket (the type I searched for last Autumn but couldn't find)
There were some in H&M that I liked (folded back striped lining cuffs) to wear with my jeans (that I can now get on)

And maybe a striped fitted shirt (I liked the blue/white striped in the photo but she needs to do a few more buttons up <<prude>> )

herecomesthsun Fri 01-Jan-16 17:07:52

And sadly for me, earth tones.

Although I have ordered a couple of leopard items in the sales.

nilbyname Fri 01-Jan-16 17:30:26

I got my allsaints soft dove grey jacket/sweat thing for Christmas and that will be trotted out regularly this 2016.

I'm Into collared shirts, either soft ms loose cotton weaves with a print worn open necked or a longer line crisp white ones.

herecomesthsun Fri 01-Jan-16 18:11:25

I got some white cotton voile shirts last year that I will be wearing.

see also bargain basement Boden leopard pics.

I had a white shirt phase over the summer after years of not wearing them because I thought they didn't suit me. I decided that I'm old enough to wear what the hell I want anyway. So they'll be back out in Spring, with skinny jeans, a biker jacket and red lipstick.

No idea what is due to be in or out. I'd like a grey or black casual jumper or even some sort of sweatshirt, but can't find any I really like.

herecomesthsun Fri 01-Jan-16 18:28:20

Have also got this from Jaeger outlet as I wanted a long not too warm jacket - good if longer lines for knitwear are current.

CointreauVersial Fri 01-Jan-16 20:43:30

Wrap skirts, apparently (midi-length).

Which is good, because I bought a gorgeous grey one from Next a couple of months ago.

<pats self on back for being ahead of the fashion curve>

herecomesthsun Mon 04-Jan-16 12:55:30

silver apparently - just got this

70isaLimitNotaTarget Mon 04-Jan-16 13:06:00

Leopard is in eh? Nods approvingly at wardrobe, I have 3 pieces of leopard (obviously I don't wear them all together <<winces>> )

HappyGirlNow Mon 04-Jan-16 15:52:58

I love 'cold shoulder tops' (first time I've heard that description) as they suit me so I am more than happy grin I have a couple and I'll buy more..

Also happy culottes are still in as I haven't worn the ones I bought last year.. Oops blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now