Big breasts=too short tops

(13 Posts)
Lovewearingjeans Thu 31-Dec-15 21:40:41

Does anyone else have the problem of larger than average breasts making standard tops short on you. I'm not that big (32f), and this is becoming a real problem. I am now adjusting my wardrobe to wear tunic tops, just so I am covered below my waist. I am also 5'4" size 12 hourglass, with a short waist, so it's not like I am a giant.

LiverandChianti Thu 31-Dec-15 21:50:29

Me! it's a real pain sad

MyGirlDaisy Thu 31-Dec-15 21:53:28

I am a very similar size to you and have been buying size 14 tops to accommodate my bigger bust but this means they are too big elsewhere especially dresses. I have recently discovered Pepperberry clothes, they may not be to your taste but I have bought a couple of tops, a tunic and a dress and I have been really pleased. They have a sale on at the moment too.

ShesGotLionsInHerHeart Thu 31-Dec-15 21:58:02

Yes! I really struggle to find tops long enough to cover my tummy. It's hard work!

Yep,everything is shorter on me so I size up. Sadly that leaves everything else big and often still leaves everything shorter!

Can't win can we

Swampmonster39 Thu 31-Dec-15 23:37:00

The absolute worst of this problem is gym vests. Every single one I've ever come across is short in the body. Great when you have to a gym class.and end up flashing your belly!

Cuttysarky Fri 01-Jan-16 09:28:47

Yes indeed! I think I have a long torso also, and my 38j chest makes things so much worse... Most tops are crop tops on me, I live in fear of exposing my post CS hangy tummy!! I have resorted to buying long thin vests from places like H&M or Next to wear under slightly too short tops that I really like.

AnotherEmma Fri 01-Jan-16 09:33:51

Check out Pepperberry. It's the clothing range made by Bravissimo. The clothes are designed to fit bigger boobs and there are different sizes.

TheChocolateDidIt Fri 01-Jan-16 10:08:47

Yes! And I cannot believe your post has only just made me realise this! I a. A recent convert to Pepperberry and second AnotherEmma's post.

AnotherEmma Fri 01-Jan-16 10:21:21

Oh and for people with long torsos (and not just big boobs) a friend recently told me about Gap Tall. It's online only which is why I didn't know about it before. I just bought some long t-shirts from there.

Swampmonster39 Fri 01-Jan-16 17:11:59

Thanks AnotherEmma, that's very useful to know x

Lovewearingjeans Sat 02-Jan-16 11:23:02

Forgot about Pepperberry. Weight gain over Christmas hasn't helped smile

If you like the idea of Pepperberry there's also Urkye, Biubiu and DD-Atelier which work on a similar method. First two are polish, think the latter is russian.

Sometimes buying tall tops helps. I've also got a few from PhaseEight which seem to have decent boob room and length.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now