What would you wear to a winter wedding?

(3 Posts)
BuggersMuddle Thu 31-Dec-15 19:03:14

Looking for some inspiration. The venue is a country house - whole event is taking place there, so no church service to consider.

No dress code is mentioned on the invites & I haven't a clue whether the wedding party will be in morning dress or suits (I would say anything else is unlikely).

DP was going to go with kilt, which I suspect is probably okay, although he might will probably be the only man there in one as it's in Wales hmm

My day-to-evening dresses wardrobe is a bit bare for winter as I tend to be either in suits / skirt and sweater for work or dressed casually. I have a couple of Missoni long sleeve fitted dresses which I love, but DP has suggested they might not be dressy enough for a wedding / a bit loud colour-wise (and I suspect he's probably right). Everything else I own is either black, monochrome or body-con - none of which scream wedding.

So what sort of thing would you wear to a winter wedding in a country house? Are hats / fascinators expected when it's all in one venue?

Nonidentifyingnc Thu 31-Dec-15 19:12:22

Just been to a winter wedding. I wore black satiny ( not shiny but with a slight shimmer) skinny trousers and a long sleeve shimmery top and a fitted jacket. No hat or fascinator.

BuggersMuddle Fri 01-Jan-16 16:52:13

Thanks non. Hadn't considered trousers, but I do have some nice jackets that could work.

I have since established that the wedding party (men) are in lounge suits. So that nixes the kilt and probably means I don't need to be quite as formal as I initially thought (wouldn't have thought a hat would be appropriate in the circumstances).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now