I have £70 to spend in Next on work clothes (office) and no sense of style. Help me!

(5 Posts)
Tayboo Thu 31-Dec-15 17:56:17

Please help me, I have £70 to spend on a couple of good staple items but I've no idea what to buy. I work in an office and generally wear trousers and tops / cardigans (in black). I'm size 20 (working on changing that this coming year) but need something practical and smart to wear for work.

I have vouchers so need to shop at Next. smile

FlatOnTheHill Thu 31-Dec-15 21:33:43

Long smart tunic tops and blouses over loose fitting trousers.

CreviceImp Thu 31-Dec-15 22:49:38

Hello,
I find their thin strap longline vests excellent for layering and these could work for work or casual wear. I have had joy with their tencel handkerchief vest tops. They are in their casual basics range but are plain and could be worn for work layered over the vests. They have a flattering shape in that they are fitted across the chest but drape below. You will need to go two sizes down and they will still be flattering without being overly voluminous. They also have the advantage or working for work or casual and are £10. The white is rubbishy quality but the other colours are great.

Their relaxed jeans are good for a casual buy but again need sizing down.

Orangesarenot Fri 01-Jan-16 10:23:54

It depends on your shape (this idea won't work as well on apple), but if you're a classic British pear then a plain-coloured structured pencil skirt with a nicely shaped and/or patterned loose top tucked in to the skirt can create a great hourglass look. If there's a matching structured jacket, even better. If you aren't used to heels, a low pair of wedge shoe boots can add a funky-but-smart finish. Something like this content.yoursclothing.co.uk/Images/ProductImages/Big/4cb9733f-af3c-422d-9e35-8781b46a009e.jpg

Orangesarenot Fri 01-Jan-16 10:27:33

This could look nice: www.next.co.uk/x5724s5#362785?i=20

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now