Buying a winter coat after the winter sales have finished....

(10 Posts)
ForSaleChesterDraws Thu 31-Dec-15 16:06:24

Ok. I'm stupid. Most of the coats have sold out in the winter sales and I realise I need a new one. I'm 5'4" and a chunky 16 on the bottom half.

I need something that is waterproof, covers my bottom, has a hood and is smart enough to wear at work. I don't like fur around the collar and would prefer a navy/ grey/ plum.

Should I just stop searching and buy the Seasalt Janelle as it fits the brief and gets great reviews on here? Or can I do better?

TheUltimate Thu 31-Dec-15 16:52:07

I was just about to suggest Seasalt! I have the Tiller coat in Olive and its fabulous.

hooliodancer Thu 31-Dec-15 17:36:43

Janelle is my top buy of this year! It has been perfect for the weather. I love it.

I have it in squid ink. My friend has it in black, and I think the black looks smarter, as a work coat.

It has been worth every penny. I love it to bits!

mejon Thu 31-Dec-15 19:37:20

I've just bought the Seasalt Northstar. Slightly padded, good hood and about knee-length on 5'2" me. I got cactus green for a change but it comes in a brightish blue and a charcoal/navy too. Even better it was almost half-price.

ForSaleChesterDraws Thu 31-Dec-15 19:46:42

Mejon- how warm is it?

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 31-Dec-15 21:48:36

Yep, another recommendation for Seasalt. I've got the shorter one, I forget what it's called, but it's a lovely fit, it's really quite warm and it is properly waterproof.

ForSaleChesterDraws Fri 01-Jan-16 11:11:09

Ok. I've ordered-

Janelle Ladies Jacket Colour: Aubergine,

Northstar Ladies Jacket Colour: Squid Ink,

Didriksons Brisk in midnight.

All with free delivery and free returns so hoping one is good enough to keep.

mejon Fri 01-Jan-16 11:12:19

No idea how warm it is yet as it only arrived yesterday, sorry. It's not overly padded and has plenty of room to wear layers underneath. I was more interested in getting something long enough to keep my legs dry that wasn't as bulky and too warm like the Lands End coat i have. It is the winter version of another coat they do so it should be warm.

hiccupgirl Fri 01-Jan-16 17:49:15

I tried on the Janelle in our local Co-op which has a small Seasalt concession. It's a lovely coat but at just under 5' 4'' it was way too long on me especially at the back. The North Star was a much better length but they didn't have my size. I'd be going for that one if I had the spare cash. Instead I got a nice parka half price from Fat Face.

SuckingEggs Fri 01-Jan-16 18:38:11

Wore my Lands End down coat by the very windy seaside today for the first time. Amazing coat. Looks a bit meh, but isn't too bad (plum colour). Worth every penny.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now