Is Seraphine maternity stuff any good?

(19 Posts)
thestylethatdecadesforgot Wed 30-Dec-15 15:42:31

I am in dire need of some maternity stuff again. I've managed on cast offs and cheap H&M stuff in previous pregnancies and to be honest have felt awful the entire time.

I looked online and their stuff looked nice and the sale stuff had some affordable things but not in my size of course. I

was going to drop the kids with my gran and pop up to the shop near her which is about an hour from me but it's closed. The next nearest one is about 1.25hrs on the train so I'd have to ask DH to have the kids for me for a morning (still got bad sickness and exhausted all the time). So I'm wondering if it's worth the effort!! And if anyone has any of their clothes, what did you think? Is it nice quality, did it look good on etc?

Thanks everyone! smile

FuzzyOwl Wed 30-Dec-15 15:51:08

I got some lovely and comfortable clothes from them and, most unusually, something that didn't look so good in the picture turned out to be my favourite maternity dress of all.

Do you have to go in person instead of online? Is it because the shop will have different sizes to the website's availability?

BahHumbugs Wed 30-Dec-15 15:54:53

I had jeans & 2 tops, all lovely quality.

I stupidly washed a breastfeeding popper top, that was too hot & its really mishapen.

It may have actually said 'handwash' and I thought sod that.

BahHumbugs Wed 30-Dec-15 15:58:29

Just had a look, it says - gentle wash at 30 & do not tumble dry. I probably put it on a 40 eash & tumbled it fblush

thestylethatdecadesforgot Wed 30-Dec-15 15:59:26

Wow thanks for some fast replies!

Literally all the things I liked I went to add to basket and they were out of stock in my size so I thought if they were worth it I would ring the store and see if they had them in stock in my size!

Ideally I'd like a couple of dresses, couple of skirts, a pair of jeans and some tops.

Dresses I'd love but look awful awful awful in empire line, maxi, wrap, pretty much any style when pregnant but there were a couple on there that looked infinitely more 'me'!

thestylethatdecadesforgot Wed 30-Dec-15 16:00:24

Sorry about the washing disasters Humbugs sad

regularbutpanickingabit Wed 30-Dec-15 16:03:11

I invested last time round and their stuff was by far the best. Felt so good having clothes that actually fitted and looked nice rather than the scraggy ill-fitting hand-me-downs I had for the other pregnancies!

ComeLuckyApril Wed 30-Dec-15 16:18:30

Their stuff often comes up on ebay, though the one dress I have of theirs seems to fit oddly (big and saggy in wrong places) and is a bit bobbly so maybe didn't wear well. I'm short though, so it may be intended for taller people, but possibly size down.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Wed 30-Dec-15 16:26:56

Thanks April, for that reason alone it might be worth a trip and then once I know I'd definitely Ebay for some extras.

Regular that's exactly how I'd like to feel and have felt just the same previously!

thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 31-Dec-15 11:12:45

Bumping for any more suggestions about what's worth getting from Seraphine? Or any other suggestions on good places to try for maternity stuff. Isabella Oliver is online only isn't it?

MamaDuckling Thu 31-Dec-15 11:15:11

I like the Seraphine stuff but do find it bobbles quickly, eg, leggings/dresses/tunic top all bobbled!
I was going to put mine on eBay later... I wouldn't buy new unless you have cash to splash. Isabelle Oliver much better quality, buy it in the sales.

MamaDuckling Thu 31-Dec-15 11:16:29

My local dept store has some Isabella Oliver stuff in store, a few places to stock it... I'd say it comes up fairly true to size, if a bit small.
Topshop by far the best maternity clothes out there...

thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 31-Dec-15 12:45:51

Topshop, interesting Mama, I never thought to try there. Will have a look online. Last time I ordered loss from ASOS and was appalled at the quality, sent the whole lot back!

Joneseygirl77 Thu 31-Dec-15 13:48:10

I bought some Seraphine bits mainly for work. I work in a smart environment and I found their dresses great for work. I didn't find the stuff bad quality as it did my pregnancy and I lent it to a friend and it all kept its shape well. I did always try and but when they had a sale on though- same with Isabella Oliver although that was more expensive.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Thu 31-Dec-15 15:29:51

Ok, I've double checked the website and everything I like in the sale is out of stock in sizes 6-14! So I think I will risk a trip to the nearest shop and then eBay...

Thanks guys!

poorchurchmouse Thu 31-Dec-15 15:38:58

I liked it: bought a lot of their stuff on Ebay for work. None of mine bobbled or misbehaved, and I Ebayed a bundle for pretty much what I paid for it. I found it was fairly true to size.

Isabella Oliver is only good if you're tall IME: I am pathetically short and everything drowned me.

superbfairywren Fri 01-Jan-16 12:37:05

I had some lovely straight leg overbump jeans from seraphine, got them in the sale and they were such a good buy. Fitted well, washed well and felt like I was wearing normal clothes in them! Didn't get anything else but I actually found new look maternity wear really good, especially the tops, I had vests and long sleeve tops and they were such a nice shape. Washed well too.

thestylethatdecadesforgot Fri 01-Jan-16 21:01:57

Thank you both! I found a slightly nearer store when I checked their list of stores again so I will find a date DH can do a morning for me and go have a nose around. I'm watching some things on eBay too. Will also try and check top shop and New Look online.

Bouncey Fri 01-Jan-16 23:13:09

I'm another fan - got two lovely dresses and a couple of tops from seraphine which got lots of compliments. They wore really well. An advantage is that many of their tops are designed to wear postnatally as well. I have some Isabella Oliver bits too and they were high quality, but because they are neat fitting were quite small by month 8.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now