Sainsbury's TU 'Premium' Leggings: Quality Issues

(7 Posts)
MrsLogicFromViz Mon 28-Dec-15 10:58:46

Having read the rave reviews on here I decided to take advantage of the early December 25% discount offer and duly ordered four pairs of leggings, two black and two navy. Imagine my disappointment when both navy pairs ripped at the crotch seam by mid-late December and as I had only worn and washed each pair three or four times, I was pretty annoyed.

I emailed Sainsbury's TU yesterday and received a rather snippy reply today, I'll quote from it:

"As this is about a quality issue, you could claim the refund of your purchase however, this is up to the Store Manager’s discretion."

Er, no it isn't - they don't confirm to the 1979 Sale of Goods Act and I've replied stating that.

I don't mean to be funny, but I'm being made redundant in April and I can't afford to purchase sub-standard clothes sad

DingbatsFur Mon 28-Dec-15 11:04:44

Bring them back to the shop with the receipt and advise they are bot fit for purpose, because they are not.

DingbatsFur Mon 28-Dec-15 11:04:59

*not!

MajesticSeaFlapFlap Mon 28-Dec-15 11:08:11

So take them back, chances are you will get a refund.
Why get het up before going and talking to them?

MrsLogicFromViz Mon 28-Dec-15 11:13:31

Thank you Dingbats

Magestic - erm, it was because of the cruddy reply I received from Customer Services? It's not really on is it. Please don't accuse other posters on here of getting 'het up' - I do believe that we're all trying to get the best service for our money, or am I wide of the mark?

WhoTheFuckIsSimon Mon 28-Dec-15 11:17:26

I'm sure the store will refund. Customer service probably can't/wont help as they need to see the physical item not just a photo of it. You're right in that it isn't up to the store managers discretion but I really can't see you having a problem.

DingbatsFur Mon 28-Dec-15 11:17:39

They probably just don't want to encourage too many returns? Who knows?
Still you are in the right, unless they can prove that you are a size 20 who bought a size 8 and then spent a week doing agressive plies.
(Unlikely).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now