Dark eye circles - does anything really help?

(9 Posts)
msrisotto Sat 19-Dec-15 07:36:40

Apart from make-up? I've only recently been noticing that under my eye, dark circles are appearing. I'm getting enough sleep and can't really do anything about the stress i'm under lately....is there a magic answer?

MytwinisMilaKunis Sat 19-Dec-15 07:46:39

Marking place for this as have the same problem. I think fillers are the answers

sksk Sat 19-Dec-15 08:55:44

Genetics also play a role, plus the usual lifestyle, water, diet etc etc. I would look ok without makeup if not for my red nose and dark under eyes! Watching with interest!

RayofSun Sun 27-Dec-15 21:58:25

Would love to know the answer to this!

Ememem84 Sun 27-Dec-15 22:09:53

I took a lot of arnica a while ago to help a leg bruise disappear before a charity swim. That cleared up my dark eye circles.

Not sure if I'd recommend long term though.

Clarins lady once told me to only apply concealer/ cream under eyes with a brush/ little fingers. As dark circles are actually just bruising.. How true that is I'm not sure.

burnishedsilver Mon 28-Dec-15 09:53:54

If they are a new thing for you perhaps your iron levels are low. I tend towards low iron and dark circles are one of the signs that I need my levels checked.

I'm finding lrp redermic r and redermic C eye creams very helpful.

KwickNC Mon 28-Dec-15 10:09:25

Please do not use Arnica long term!

It's mostly hydration in afraid very little can get rid of dark circles - I need to get rid of mine too

KwickNC Mon 28-Dec-15 10:09:52

I also have extremely low iron so that doesn't help

msrisotto Mon 28-Dec-15 14:11:44

Aah, hydration. That makes some sense for me. I am pretty much permanently dehydrated as I don't ever feel thirsty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now